Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
good call on the basin, maybe other funsters could use his services, why not let us have details. The van is not even run in yet so it makes sense to refurb.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
If you are happy with the van and its only cosmetic things then they are cheaply sorted. I know what I would do and it would involve talking very nicely to a man called Terry to find out when he could do all the jobs on my van to make it how I wanted it, but he is a busy man at the moment on his own conversion:thumb:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We're trying to decide whether to renovate our current MH or upgrade to another one. It's a difficult decision so would appreciate some thoughts.
Our current one is 2007 with 23k on the clock. We have spent money on it (solar panel, gaslow, second leisure battery, new clutch, remap) and we like the fact that it is relatively compact (6.5 metres) and economical to run (29mpg). The bed is also super comfy!
The problem with it is that several things are getting tatty and we've had real difficulty getting spares (washbasin, hob, rooflight blind, cutlery drawer). It is a Geist and Camper NE (Geist agent) can't seem to find the replacements for us.
If we keep it we also want to replace the dinette cushions as they're making our bums numb.
What are your thoughts?
Also, if we did sell it privately, how would we know what was a fair price?
Mags

Mine is eighteen years old with sixty thousand on the clock which is low mileage to me. Takes us all round Spain Portugal and France twice every year. Never have a problem. Upholstery and bodwork as good as new. Had new foam fitted in upholstery, cost very little, could probably need a new sink and wall cabinet in bathroom. Upgrade the one you have. BUSBY::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back