Upgrades to the tech in my 2010 autotrail (1 Viewer)

Apr 30, 2017
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail RV
Exp
Ok so I love the MoHo but the tech needs upgrading. At the moment it has the drop down TV, which is Ok, the freeview tv receiver, which is OK, and the single din audio / dvd / reverse camera head unit, which is not. No DAB, or much fm reception, or bluetooth, or any way of connecting my iphone 6 and the reverse camera which is only a straight down, on a tiny screen which I can't see in bright light.

So I am thinking - twin lense reverse camera which clips on over a rear view mirror. Which I will have to remove when I want to close the blinds but hey ho. Was thinking of this BROKEN LINK or what are the wireless ones like?

Next - Aguri RV720 sat nav, has built in dash cam - any thoughts?

Now the tricky one - what to replace the head unit with? Needs DAB + Bluetooth, also DVD - but the DVD feeds the telly not the head unit, sound is out through the vehicle speakers.... do the double din units that the likes of halfords sell have video out? Has anyone else replaced the rather old unit in a similar autotrail?

Speakers - anyone got any ideas for good speaker upgrades?

Thanks

Nick

OP
OP
Old-Git
Apr 30, 2017
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail RV
Exp
Ok so today I removed the head unit, I have pics of all the connectors etc if anyone needs them.
Thinking of this
to go in it's place.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Ok so today I removed the head unit, I have pics of all the connectors etc if anyone needs them.
Thinking of this
to go in it's place.
I don't need them as yet but please post the photos. Who knows if I or someone else might need them in the future. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Old-Git
Apr 30, 2017
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail RV
Exp
Hiya have a look and let me know if they aren't clear and I'll take some more
view
view

Attachments

• IMG_5406.JPG
    IMG_5406.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5407.JPG
    IMG_5407.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
Old-Git
Apr 30, 2017
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail RV
Exp
Well the Kenwood doesn't have libe in so I have nearly settled on a Pioneer AVH-X490DAB as it has bluetooth, DAB, DVD with video out, Just got to check that the TV sound will go from rca plugs to an aux socket converter OK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back