Updating to iOS 8 ? (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Downloading now on phone and iPad. I shall report back (y)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Did it earlier today but mine is 32gb no problems

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Mine is 32gb too so not expecting any problem

HARESBY

Free Member
Jul 11, 2012
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie well sort of. Ex continental truck driver.
Did my iphone via itunes on pc no problems.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
All done, directly on the phone. Took a while but no problems.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Got an email from Pioneer saying that the navigation stuff - Appradio - won't work so will leave it for a while for the phone until an update is made from pioneer

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Wish I hadn't done mine, it's so slow now :eek:

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Still no problems with my iPad air 32gb, although I don't like some of the changes very much, it's too "fidgety" now.

That's progress I suppose, 1 step forward 2 steps back on occasion.

Hymie.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
5.8GB? I think I will wait for more reports on IOS8 performance. I just reset and rebooted my iphone last week as the satnav was playing up, left off quite a few apps that I thought might be useful in the past but never used, and put more music on :)

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
I upgraded my iPad yesterday as well. Can't see any huge differences and it's certainly not slow.

The only issue I've found, so far, is my Photobucket app freezing.

I'll do my phone over the weekend.

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Did the phone yesterday. Noticed so far...

-Slight delays after clicking on something
-When a text comes in while on another app, if you choose to reply to the text it doesn't scroll down as you type and doesn't seem to allow manual scroll. Then if you click over to the messaging app it forgets what you've written so far. This is all quite annoying.
-It forgot some of my login details for several apps (and I've forgotten them too :( )
-The GPS icon in the top bar always seems to be on. Have to see how that affects battery life.

Reactions: SMB
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Updated my pad and it didn't seem to be a very 'clean' update, when completed I found everything running very slow and some apps wouldn't respond at all. I did a reset (Power button and Home button held down together) when I restarted it every thing worked fine.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Tried to update my iPhone last night via iTunes. The download said it would take 40 hours! Anyway, I left it running overnight, error message showing on the macbook!
After a bit of googling, I found a site where you can download ios8 without having to connect the phone or ipad. Download is almost finished, it took about 5 hours.
Then, I need to connect the iPhone and start the update.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
After a bit of googling, I found a site where you can download ios8 without having to connect the phone or ipad. .

Be dubious of that. If it isn't from Apple it either isn't genuine or it isn't even ios8. Apple products aren't available through
third party sites.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Oh dear. My observation on the other thread (it's Orribly Slow) was meant as a joke not a prediction :D

I have a 64gb mini I pad and it is now really slow, trouble is I presume there's no going back:mad:

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Well that's the decision taken for me, apparently the iphone 4 isn't compatible with iOS 8. Quite pleased in fact as it's running well after it's factory restore :)

geoffles

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Trafford Park
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
DONT

Ios8 on ipad causing me connection issues to wifi, unresponsive screen, and apps crashing.

It was all fine before i did the update

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
DONT

Ios8 on ipad causing me connection issues to wifi, unresponsive screen, and apps crashing.

It was all fine before i did the update

Do a reset: hold the power button and home button together until the apple logo appears.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Be dubious of that. If it isn't from Apple it either isn't genuine or it isn't even ios8. Apple products aren't available through
third party sites.
Downloaded ok, verified with Apple and iPhone updated fine.
Everything works fine.
Allan

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
Current advice is if you have iPad 1 or 2 or iPhone 4/4S, then iOS8 can make these items run slower. Advice is to wait a little while.

Also in Macworld, the most asked question is how to go back to iOS6 from iOS7

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
There's a neat little trick with the ios8 I've just tried and it works, if there's a tune playing in the background, activate SIRI (the voice activation feature) and ask it "what song is this", a couple of seconds later it will identify the song and also give you the option to buy it through iTunes, very clever(y)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
There's a neat little trick with the ios8 I've just tried and it works, if there's a tune playing in the background, activate SIRI (the voice activation feature) and ask it "what song is this", a couple of seconds later it will identify the song and also give you the option to buy it through iTunes, very clever(y)

Are you happy with it Gooney? Mrs BB iPad mini with retina is now offering her the update, should she go for it or wait a couple of weeks?

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Are you happy with it Gooney? Mrs BB iPad mini with retina is now offering her the update, should she go for it or wait a couple of weeks?

I loaded it on my ipad3 last night, not sure how long it took because I went out to the pub, it estimated it was going to be 85 mins, when I came home it was loaded but wasn't working very well, poor and slow internet connection, some apps not working, this morning I did a reset, I.e. Held the power and home buttons down together til Apple logo came up and the ipad restarted, everything was fine after that!!, tonight I downloaded it onto my iPhone 4s, quite straightforward although it took about an hour and a half during which time I kept thinking it had stalled because the screen display wasn't too informative but in the end patience was the name of the game, anyway it's up and running now and the SIRI trick is the first thing I've tried

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back