Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
There's a neat little trick with the ios8 I've just tried and it works, if there's a tune playing in the background, activate SIRI (the voice activation feature) and ask it "what song is this", a couple of seconds later it will identify the song and also give you the option to buy it through iTunes, very clever(y)

The App "Shazam" has been doing this for many many years........ and you don't have to ask it, it just does it...

I have "Shazam" on all my Apple devices........

on the old IOS....... (free of charge)..it's Brill...(y)

Last edited:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I loaded it on my ipad3 last night, not sure how long it took because I went out to the pub, it estimated it was going to be 85 mins, when I came home it was loaded but wasn't working very well, poor and slow internet connection, some apps not working, this morning I did a reset, I.e. Held the power and home buttons down together til Apple logo came up and the ipad restarted, everything was fine after that!!, tonight I downloaded it onto my iPhone 4s, quite straightforward although it took about an hour and a half during which time I kept thinking it had stalled because the screen display wasn't too informative but in the end patience was the name of the game, anyway it's up and running now and the SIRI trick is the first thing I've tried

Many thanks.(y)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Have also lost camera roll and my photo stream. Many photos I had transferred wirelessly from my Lumix TZ60 have gone .
To scroll through photo albums takes an age as does everything else.
Think I'll bin the bloody thing and stick with my windows laptop
Bloody furious:swear2::swear2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
The App "Shazam" has been doing this for many many years........ and you don't have to ask it, it just does it...

I have "Shazam" on all my Apple devices........

on the old IOS....... (free of charge)..it's Brill...(y)

And it doesn't direct you to Apple Store iTunes to purchase, it leaves that decision up to you. :)

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Updated my iPad 3 last night. Now runs noticeably slower than before.
Also - I can see very few differences between IOS 7 and IOS 8

There is apparently a way of rolling back your device to an earlier version of IOS - however, I can't vouch for it, or confirm whether it'll work.
http://www.iphonehacks.com/download-ipad-ios-firmware

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It's awful. No longer able to insert smileys or upload photos on here from iPad. Also the keyboard now hides what you are typing and it is very very slow on iPad 3. Wished I had never "upgraded"

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Help!
I've got an addition to my keyboard on an iPad2. It's a button with a smilie face on it. It's located next to the space bar. When you tap the button, it gives a load of Chinese smilie icons. Did the iOS8 update put it there????
How do I get rid of it boys?

OP
OP
martin1485
Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Help!
I've got an addition to my keyboard on an iPad2. It's a button with a smilie face on it. It's located next to the space bar. When you tap the button, it gives a load of Chinese smilie icons. Did the iOS8 update put it there????
How do I get rid of it boys?

Settings / General / keyboards - just have the English keyboard selected and close down anything else

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Thanks. Got rid of that!! Can't resolve the rest of the issues though...... It just hangs when trying to upload photos and still can't see what I'm typing. #reallyanoyed

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Brilliant Martin. Thanks a lot. Looked as suggested; there was another keyboard listed called Emoj !!!! Had to use swipe/ delete to get rid. F*** knows what put it there. Anyway, thanks to you, all sorted.

Cheers mate
James

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Switched mine off until I take it to the Apple shop on Tuesday,using my HP laptop which is working just ffffffffffffffine ;)
What is wrong with Apple, you would think these updates were tested to destruction before letting them loose, barmy :mad:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
getting a bit like microsoft - beta testing using their customer base :(

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
getting a bit like microsoft - beta testing using their customer base :(
Do they know what testing actually is? Too many of these companies haven't a clue because they stopped doing it years ago when the generated rubbish they put out instead of properly structured code started costing them too much to test.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Do they know what testing actually is? Too many of these companies haven't a clue because they stopped doing it years ago

The Motor Industry have been doing just that since the mid sixties.........;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back