Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Ingwe
Think you're going the correct way by trying another sd card however, as said, it's a bit of a best guess and trying to eliminate the obvious possible issues. Definitely cheaper than replacing the unit!. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I use a 32G sim in the unit
When updating maps, do you get an option whether to use the device or the SD card?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
When updating maps, do you get an option whether to use the device or the SD card?
When using Garmin Express to up my Zumo 660,which is known to be short on memory, it's all done automatically.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
As I remember, when you go on Garmin Express they advise you to use a larger memory sim, you don't need 32g I just had one at hand

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
storage 1
Our Garmin Nuvi is old and for several years the onboard storage has been too small for Europe so I use an SD card for the whole mapping area.

Storage 2
If you download the map to PC/Mac then you can update the Garmin device maps by selecting sections from the Garmin PC/Mac app.
Not tested myself but you should be able to target internal or external storage at this step

Personal data
As for losing personal data that never happens.

issues
The saga we have at every round of updates is Garmin express app always says there’s not enough free space for Europe on our Nuvi because it’s incapable of realising it will be overwriting with the updated content ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back