Update:... we bought a stolen Motorhome (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We found out the other day about he's sentence...

For 4 counts of fraud and 1 handling of stolen goods he got the sentence of ....

12 months prison.....

The financial investigation will take place in march...! But the police have already said there is nothing in his name so don't get optimistic...

His name is Daniel brockhill of coastline caravans Morecambe.

For those that need reminding....
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/we-bought-a-stolen-motorhome.111102/

Nice work if you can get it....:mad:

Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Yup that's awful.....crime obviously does pay :mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Disgraceful,how will there ever be law and order restored in the U.K. When there is no real deterrent to criminals.
Judicial system needs a massive shake up.
Judicial system is fine, it's the old farts administering it need shaking warmly by the neck.
Get some younger judges and magistrates on the bench.
you know, the ones living in the real world.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Thankyou for the update disgusting sentence though he will only serve half that x Kate

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
People were complaining that sentencing was inconsistent, therefore (unfortunately) tariff sentencing prevails in many such cases.

The Sentencing Council produce an online manual https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/item/theft-general/ One year custodial is pretty much in line with the standard penalties. Victim compensation is a joke

Personally I would prefer to see the little scrote left naked in the prison showers for an afternoon, he won't be around for too long after that. Nothing stopping you suing him when he comes out, then bankrupting him so he is disqualified from starting up a ltd company for a bit

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Judicial system is fine, it's the old farts administering it need shaking warmly by the neck.
Get some younger judges and magistrates on the bench.
you know, the ones living in the real world.

Unfortunately it is not the magistrates young or old who are at fault! There are strict sentencing guidelines which have to be followed. The magistrates are also advised by a qualified lawyer who is the clerk to the court. Google Sentencing Guidelines and you can see how it works! Not enough room in our prisons to house all the scroats let alone for long enough and of course the budget is not adequate! Unfortunately we are too civilised in this country so the uncivilised get away with murder!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
For what it's worth the do gooders need shutting up and prisons made so harsh that nobody wants to be banged up. Or another idea would be to replace all the prisoners with pensioners in a nice warm room, three meals a day, good healthcare and someone looking after them 24/7. The prisoners could be locked into cold houses with little money for bills and food, nobody going near them for days at a time.

Rant over.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Once had a friend who responded to an add for a used caravan in Morecambe. It wasn't what she wanted so the 'seller' proceeded to show her several others at various locations, saying they were family members. Transpired that the seller was of gypsy origin and she luckily walked away. They are renowned for their buying and selling of caravans round here and I do wonder if the firm the op dealt with is part of the 'family'!!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Disgraceful sentence . So you lost the lot..what a ba***rd.
Did you ever get to buy the motorhome back from insurance?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
People were complaining that sentencing was inconsistent, therefore (unfortunately) tariff sentencing prevails in many such cases.

The Sentencing Council produce an online manual https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/item/theft-general/ One year custodial is pretty much in line with the standard penalties. Victim compensation is a joke

Personally I would prefer to see the little scrote left naked in the prison showers for an afternoon, he won't be around for too long after that. Nothing stopping you suing him when he comes out, then bankrupting him so he is disqualified from starting up a ltd company for a bit

While that makes perfect legal sense I think most of us know it wont stop him at all, he will simply become an employee of his uncles cousins aunts Ltd company
long time lock ups is the only cure but even then only while hes locked up.
I could happily pass a 10-15 year sentence where a persons life saving are lost through burglaries or fraud/ deception
I see it as one step short killing them, and full credit to those who have survived it
G

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
While that makes perfect legal sense I think most of us know it wont stop him at all, he will simply become an employee of his uncles cousins aunts Ltd company
long time lock ups is the only cure but even then only while hes locked up.
I could happily pass a 10-15 year sentence where a persons life saving are lost through burglaries or fraud/ deception
I see it as one step short killing them, and full credit to those who have survived it
G
Whilst I have some sympathy for your view we have to remember that we all pay for those locked up in prison with all the home comforts, food, heating, TV, games, pocket money, education etc and guards that they are provided with - a soft touch compared to the many without proper pensions, with disabilities or service personnel with life debilitating injuries.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back