Update to help required in Civitavecchia (1 Viewer)

Kiwi Coss

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just a quick update on my prevous post when we were stuck in Civitavecchia after all our credit cards were stolen.
Well where do I begin???????
After waiting five days for the cards to go from the bank, to my daughters place, and then getting sent by urgent post track and trace to Italy, it sat in Milan for twenty days waiting on a delivery to Rome. I could have run up to Milan, picked them up , and ran back to Rome in that time. And I run fairly slow nowadays. Anyway after Rachael's friend of a friend, rang Italy post (he could speak Italian) the package was sent onto the campsite. We recovered it and spent another two days touring Rome and looking at everyone on the train as potential thieves. We could transfer funds into our Caxton account and withdraw funds no problem. Problem solved you would think....... No ......I had not factored in the incompetence of UK Banks who had put the wrong names on the credit cards ..... Result .....when I went to do a bank transfer using what I thought were correct PIN for the relevant cards, (bear in mind we had one new PIN for a new card and the bank said the other card was a replacement card so we had to use the old PIN)....result .......the card was locked out and I spent another four hours on the internet trying to sort it out with the bank..... Result they cannot unblock the cards and new ones have to be sent to our address in UK ......back to square one.
I have decided not to waste any more time waiting for new cards to arrive, and have arranged for Rachael to do the bank transfers, and she withdraws cash and replaces it in her bank......gotta trust ya kids with ya bank cards. Eh
We have continued with our travels down the west of Italy. Seen Pompeii, gone to Sicily done half of Sicily and back up the east coast of Italy. We are now sitting on the dock waiting on a ferry to Greece.
We will travel up thru the Baltic countries back to UK in November so hope to see as many as we can when we get back. Then it is back to NZ for Rachael's wedding in March and back to the UK in April to continue touring.
Thanks for everyone who sent messages of help and support. It really helped me and meant a lot to have you support.
Colin and Christina

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We had the same prob with our WestPac cards when they changed over to chip and pin We sent letters, Emails, and phoned, after about 18 flamin' monthes, when we were asked why we weren't using the account , the penny clicked:rolleyes: We know exactly what you have been through!:wink:

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
You really couldn't make this stuff up, could you :confused:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi Kiwi Coss
What a great post,there in the face of adversity,you can make light of it and even make a bad experience into a small blip of a thing, Way to go " FUNSTERS"

But seriously hope the rest of your brilliant adventure is incident free.:cool:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Bl***** H***, what a mess up by the bank.
Glad youve got Plan B in action and your spirits have revived.

Hope the rest of your travels go more smoothly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back