update on warning light, Autotrail 2008 (1 Viewer)

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
well after it being in Stoneacre Bradford for 2 weeks , it is finally repaired, main Engine ECU had failed,,,pick the van up in the morning and part with £1554.48, and only 3 hours of that costing is labour..They say the part ( original Fiat) was just over £1000.00 plus VAT, and comes with a 2 year warranty.....Never had to buy one of these parts before so dont know if i have been ripped off or not.....

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
2014 I paid €1200.00 for a replacement ECU for my Peugeot. So I don't think you've been ripped off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
You were ripped off, she was ripped off, because they can. I doubt the Chinese charge 100 Euros for them.

Perhaps so Brian, as Bosch are the only manufacturers/suppliers what can you do? As far as I know there isn't a Chinese alternative ECU for a Peugeot Boxer. :cry:

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
You were ripped off, she was ripped off, because they can. I doubt the Chinese charge 100 Euros for them.
i shopped about, with companies when told it could be a ECU and couldn't find prices......so i guess with a 2 year warranty i have to bite the bullet and pay it....

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I would be searching the internet for alternatives - repairs or secondhand ones.
I would not be paying a £1000 before exhausting all other alternatives, these bar stewards are ripping off MoHo owners.
I don't think any commercial company would stand for it.

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
I would be searching the internet for alternatives - repairs or secondhand ones.
I would not be paying a £1000 before exhausting all other alternatives, these bar stewards are ripping off MoHo owners.
the vehicle was recovered there as was not running, i couldn't take it anywhere else without it being recovered again,,so had to say do it....

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.

Well here`s a point that might change your mind, we had a job done on our Fiat motorhome last month, despite being out of warranty by 12 months Fiat agreed to do it as a good will gesture, the dealers that did the job told me Motorhomes unlike commercials are regarded as emergency vehicles so the work was done ASAP.

I don`t know if this is true or not but the work was carried out very quickly and I`m a very happy bunny.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Do you know how big a telly you can buy for that kind of money - how big is that ECU?

As a computer it will be on a par with a £30 Raspberry Pi plus the drivers needed to do all the controlling. It really annoys me. We can't do a thing about it.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
the vehicle was recovered there as was not running, i couldn't take it anywhere else without it being recovered again,,so had to say do it....

What you need is FUN Plan B - a bottle of good red wine.

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
yeh i am going to ask for my old one back to send to them, they will also tell me if the one the garage has changed WAS the real fault....But the fiat garage said they only fit genuine Fiat parts so wouldn't send it to BAA....but will be worth getting repaired and keeping for a spare....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back