TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
On our usual southbound route there is an aire at Montreuil-sur-Mer (which is actually nowhere near the sea!). Never overnighted there, just called in for a lunch stop - not the best we've used but okay I would guess. Close to the town centre, supposed to have services but we didn't spot them, maybe because at the time it was pretty crowded as there was some kind of event on and they were closing roads. N 50.45963 E 1.75934.
We've used Wissant quite a few times but it does get busy.
If this fracas at Citie Europ continues may be heading there ourselves in early January.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
PhilMary, there's a small ticket machine near the bins on the aire. The services point is about 1/2 a mile away but there is an info board with a plan of the town and directions to the bourne. You also get free Wi-Fi if you log into the marina's web site using your email address.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Disembarked the tunnel about 1730 with the intention of heading to the aire at Sangatte. Arrived there to find it populated by a load of GB plated full-time caravan dwelling FLTs :)giggler:). They were occupying about a third of the total spaces; no one else on the aire and we didn’t fancy sharing it with them so moved to the car/coach park a couple of hundred metres further out of town.

Fingers crossed ?all will be well tonight.

Ian
big map

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Disembarked the tunnel about 1730 with the intention of heading to the aire at Sangatte. Arrived there to find it populated by a load of GB plated full-time caravan dwelling FLTs :)giggler:). They were occupying about a third of the total spaces; no one else on the aire and we didn’t fancy sharing it with them so moved to the car/coach park a couple of hundred metres further out of town.

Ian
And personally I think therein lyres the real problem have you noticed that the overflow aire at Canterbury has also been closed down. It happened about the same time as the ""Travellers"" left for Cite Europe:cautious:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
And personally I think therein lyres the real problem have you noticed that the overflow aire at Canterbury has also been closed down. It happened about the same time as the ""Travellers"" left for Cite Europe:cautious:
They close the overflow for the extra Christmas parking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006

Ian

Reporting back; all quiet overnight at the Sangatte aire with no ’interference’ from our ‘traveller friends’.

Since we’re on the car/coach park instead of the aire, we’ve been aware of a single bus appears hourly from 0700 but otherwise a quiet spot.

Ian

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
A little update on Bray dunes (behind the tourist office) we was 6th van in 3 English 3 Foreign.
Extremely quiet very frosty had to put the heating on early doors.
Imho quicker easier to get too than Gravelines. And better in summer but we're all different.
Next stop camping Memling.
Safe travels people

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Bigtwin

I take it you stayed ALL NIGHT and not moved on at 10pm?

We love COE. So convenient to and fro the UK.

OTHER MEMBERS PLEASE KEEP US ALL UPDATED WITH WHATS HAPPENING AT THE COE.

Thanks everybody.

Colyboy

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
PhilMary, there's a small ticket machine near the bins on the aire. The services point is about 1/2 a mile away but there is an info board with a plan of the town and directions to the bourne. You also get free Wi-Fi if you log into the marina's web site using your email address.
Thanks guys.
Phil

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Thanks Chase and Jockaneezer we are siting at Gravelines overlooking the harbour now. One Brit already here and another three vans just arrived.

Phil,are, yes we just paid 3.50. Euros.
Thanks. I understand the ticket machine is near the bins, so I'd better get some Euro coins.
Phil

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Bigtwin

I take it you stayed ALL NIGHT and not moved on at 10pm?

We love COE. So convenient to and fro the UK.

OTHER MEMBERS PLEASE KEEP US ALL UPDATED WITH WHATS HAPPENING AT THE COE.

Thanks everybody.

Colyboy

As indicated in my earlier post, and the one you were referring to, I was at Sangatte where I discovered there were a number of Brit registered full-time caravan dwelling FLTs who were the lone occupants on the Sangatte aire. I didn’t fancy sharing with them so moved a couple of hundred metres along the road to the car/coach park.

Ian

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Even dedicated FLT's couldn't object to paying €3.50 a night surely..........................well, I suppose Lenny might. :xrofl:

Richard.

The last time I was at Gravelines, I'm sure I paid €7 but perhaps the price goes up in the summer season. You can only pay by credit card (not debit) as Lenny intimated. Think Lenny could be sueing you for deformation of character :LOL:

Dec 26, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
Gravelines mentioned again coming off the the train it’s 25 minutes totally wrong way but thanks anyway

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
W
eems to got out of control now. The Police certainly could do without the added problems being caused.
Looks like no more overnighting there until Brexit.

Brexit is unlikely to change migrants crossing or wishing to cross the channel, the underlying reasons will not change.
This seems to be a popular misunderstanding, regrettably our leisure activities in Europe may change only time will tell.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back