Chilcote

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 30, 2018
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff
Exp
Since2009
I'm not surprised they imposed this ban on overnight parking. We use Cite Europe regularly on our way to European race circuits. The last time we stayed there before we set off in the morning I checked the security of the trailer we were towing and found three young lads hiding in there. They were very polite and left without trouble when I indicated we were on our way to Italy.

Sep 6, 2018
Lowgates, Staveley, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Despite seeing absolutely no sign of any migrants and dog patrols being carried out we were asked to leave as the car park is being closed at 10pm.

Perhaps it’s just too much of a liability having motorhomes in the car park after dark.

Anyway I thought I’d let folk know in case they’re heading that way.
We used to go to both city Europe and Gravelines, but now go to Bourges , just inland from Dunkirk a short drive From Gravelines. And it's free. Next to the leisure centre. It is also a starfo town which has a good market. Very handy for both Dunkirk and Gravelines.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
W
eems to got out of control now. The Police certainly could do without the added problems being caused.
Looks like no more overnighting there until Brexit.

Brexit is unlikely to change migrants crossing or wishing to cross the channel, the underlying reasons will not change.
This seems to be a popular misunderstanding, regrettably our leisure activities in Europe may change only time will tell.
Read my post 48

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
We used to go to both city Europe and Gravelines, but now go to Bourges , just inland from Dunkirk a short drive From Gravelines. And it's free. Next to the leisure centre. It is also a starfo town which has a good market. Very handy for both Dunkirk and Gravelines.

I think you mean Bergues. Bourges is a long way away. :xThumb:

Ian

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
A little update on Bray dunes (behind the tourist office) we was 6th van in 3 English 3 Foreign.
Extremely quiet very frosty had to put the heating on early doors.
Imho quicker easier to get too than Gravelines. And better in summer but we're all different.
Next stop camping Memling.
Safe travels people
We're at Memling now, sitting in the communal room if you're around

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
What’s a starfo town?

Oct 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 2017
predictive text at its best ?

no idea about either BTW

edit - you changed your reply while I replied, can’t recall what your version of starfo was now ?
Further to your post no. 149 I am wondering...... .....
IMO completely unnecessary. And not really in the spirit of a ‘fun’ forum as this.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009

I went to Gravelines once. Never again o_O ;) :Grin:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
This is a general thread for all readers about the overnight closure of parking at Cite de Europe, not your personal travel guide :unsure:
IMO completely unnecessary. And not really in the spirit of a ‘fun’ forum as this.

not really sure of your actual point, the ? Didn’t really give me any clues

each persons idea of fun is different

my first comment picked up by you was pointing out quite politely IMO that the replies were not only aimed at getting to Rouen

the next is a continuum of auto correct posts across the forum

I tend to look at the whole forum and may be guilty of cross referencing , but don’t feel a need to justify my posts

surely telling me I am wrong is as bad as me making a point you don’t agree with

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
It depends on how you read it,, I thought it was just a witty remark with no malice intended ? ( Hence the smiley with the hand which is supposed to mean'not sure about that' :) )

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
W
eems to got out of control now. The Police certainly could do without the added problems being caused.
Looks like no more overnighting there until Brexit.

Brexit is unlikely to change migrants crossing or wishing to cross the channel, the underlying reasons will not change.
This seems to be a popular misunderstanding, regrettably our leisure activities in Europe may change only time will tell.

I'm still not getting your point here- You seem to be suggesting that the overnighting at Cite Europe will be different post brexit, but then go on to say it won't make any difference to the perpetrators. I cant see the point you re trying to make?

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
I'm still not getting your point here- You seem to be suggesting that the overnighting at Cite Europe will be different post brexit, but then go on to say it won't make any difference to the perpetrators. I cant see the point you re trying to make?
keep trying!

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
I ask again “what is a Starfo town”?
If it’s a typo I can’t work it out. You have seen how bad I am at quizzes ?

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Thanks Potty. Right so it’s a pile of old bricks. In a star shape.?

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
We used to stop at the Aire at 76710 Montville - a bit off the main route but a nice little town.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
This is a general thread for all readers about the overnight closure of parking at Cite de Europe, not your personal travel guide :unsure:
Says who? In my experience threads evolve and change. I love a bit of Fred Drift myself. :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back