Update from County Clare Ireland (1 Viewer)

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
Hi guys, it has been ages since I have been on the forum but when some funsters arrived the other day it prompted me to update.

Well in March 2014 I took a big step, after selling up in the UK I bought a small campsite and house in Doonbeg, Ireland. The campsite I bought was ideal for what I wanted as the previous owner had lost interested and nothing had been done to improve it for a long long time.

It is a small site (20 pitches) open from 1 March to 31 Oct, which gives 4 months to go off touring in our own MH. Last year we did a bit of France and lots of Spain and Portugal, this year after learning a bit more about the countries and ourselves we intend to do the same but in a different way.

So camping in Ireland is different to the UK, wild camping is possible but in some counties it is harder than others, most campsites are for Mobile Homes with touring pitches an add on rather than designed solely for tourers. The season here is short with many campsites open for 6 months or less. The prices, especially given the euro rate, are very good compared to the UK.

Our campsite is www.strandcampingdoonbeg.com and our prices are on the site, note our seasonal discounts. Anyway enough about the campsite.

If you get a chance to come to Ireland, I know the ferries are expensive I think you'll either get it or loathe it. I personally love it. Everything is slower, more relaxed and open. You'll here the phrase enjoy the craic and one night in a decent pub you'll understand it. You might get RSI as waving is not confined to just fellow MH owners but all vehicles and pedestrians. Traffic jams are being stuck behind a tractor.

If any of you are heading to Ireland and want some advice on where to go or what to see please contact me.

Regards Jamie

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
That looks fantastic. I love Ireland and the life style. Good luck to you and hopefully I might come over sometime.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back