Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
well after the third time of sending details in, got it all returned agian with two letters. One saying they do not accept photocopies. And the other saying I will have to tax it at the new revenue wieght before they will issue new log book? Its already taxed and I cant see the post office allowing me to tax with a different class to that shown on the log book! I will try sending it all in again and sorn it before that arrives at their office but to be honest will probably give up after that...............................totally peed off.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup.. The new revenue class ( providing you are going up in weight and not down ) will be cheaper..
You have to pay for the new tax and then they refund you the original tax that was left on the motor

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
well after the third time of sending details in, got it all returned agian with two letters. One saying they do not accept photocopies. And the other saying I will have to tax it at the new revenue wieght before they will issue new log book? Its already taxed and I cant see the post office allowing me to tax with a different class to that shown on the log book! I will try sending it all in again and sorn it before that arrives at their office but to be honest will probably give up after that...............................totally peed off.
This doesn't quite make sense to me ...

What photocopies did you send? You should only send copies of the docs for the weight change but the V5C MUST be the original.

As for taxing it for the new weight - you cannot do so until it is changed to the new weight by them so that's b*llocks.

You could ring them and find out exactly what you need to do rather than keep posting the stuff. This is the lady I spoke to who was very helpful (although she's in the Exports section she was the one in the know!):

Rebecca Pugh
C&EG - Exports-D4
DVLA
Swansea
SA99 1AG
Tel: 01792 788501 x 8501

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
When I updated mine I did it at the local office a few years ago. They gave me a temp Reg document as they took my old one, took my money to tax, gave me the new tax disc and arranged to refund the old tax. This was done without the new V5c so it can be done, otherwise you would have to wait weeks to tax your van and would not be be able to ( legally) use it.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I sent copies of everything including the V5. (It was a colour copy). I got my new V5 within 10 days. Just goes to show they don't all sing from the same song book.
I guess I was just lucky (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
This doesn't quite make sense to me ...

What photocopies did you send? You should only send copies of the docs for the weight change but the V5C MUST be the original.

As for taxing it for the new weight - you cannot do so until it is changed to the new weight by them so that's b*llocks.

You could ring them and find out exactly what you need to do rather than keep posting the stuff. This is the lady I spoke to who was very helpful (although she's in the Exports section she was the one in the know!):

Rebecca Pugh
C&EG - Exports-D4
DVLA
Swansea
SA99 1AG
Tel: 01792 788501 x 8501

I am afraid it is true.. no matter how batchy it seems.. Been there and done that..
Now all the local offices have closed as much as I want to put my own plate on the van I just cannot bring my self to trust the DVLA to get it right

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I am afraid it is true.. no matter how batchy it seems.. Been there and done that..
Now all the local offices have closed as much as I want to put my own plate on the van I just cannot bring my self to trust the DVLA to get it right
Did you mean to reply to my post Jaws?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back