up plating

Discussion in 'Motorcycles and Motorhomes' started by airwave, Dec 8, 2017.

1. airwave

airwave Funster

Ratings:
    +1,025
    It now appear's i own an hgv , well a phgv at least . Just had a look at my van's detail's on mot checker and it's gross weight has been increased to 3700 kg's . Just gotta wait for the paperwork now to confirm , before i move to the next phase .

• Like it Like it x 2
    • Love it Love it x 1
  2. airwave

airwave Funster

Ratings:
    +1,025
    Well it's now official van is a phgv , v5 arrived this morning . Only posted it 27th nov , stage 1 complete . Time to move to stage 2 , sort a bike out .

• Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  3. airwave

airwave Funster

Ratings:
    +1,025
    Okay well stage 2 now complete , when i picked up this little thing up , a skyteam dax 125 .

Image0572.jpg

Though it's chinese , it's essentially a direct copy of the honda dax st70 , also known as the daxhound , but more commonly called a monkey bike , a small folding light weight from the 70's , Now i have to admit it's a little different to what i'm used to , not least by the mere fact it's got 375 less in the cubic capacity department , to my other bike , but the colour is also , well let's just say a little striking , in time i plan on toning it down a little and add some custom decals . I actually rode it for the first time saturday , it's been a long time since i splashed out on any new vehicle , but in this case the price was right . The engine size is almost twice that of the honda , however unlike the original it's both got electric and kick start , plus a 5.5ltr fuel tank , i've yet to weighed it , but it should be in the 70-80 kgs ballpark . On the road it's not as gyroscopically stable as it's larger wheeled cousin's , and there's no petrol tank to brace your knee's against (you sit on the thing) , but man is it fun . Took me a little while to relax with it , i'm like that with anything different , but once i did the smile took over , I know exactly where @vwalan is coming from .
    Image0573.jpg
    Just as a little footnote , i thought you might find this mildly amusing , it actually fitted in the back of the car that's behind it .

Time for the bike and van to meet , stage 3 .

• Like it Like it x 2
  4. airwave

airwave Funster

Ratings:
    +1,025
    And so we have stage three ;

Image0578.jpg

Still need's a bit of work to keep the bike in place though . In the fullness of time , after i get the bike secure , i'll put the outfit over a weigh bridge , and post the actual weight's . I decided to keep updating this thread , so anyone who maybe doing the same , could see what to expect . However i did post another thread with regard to estimated axle weight's , anyone following this , who maybe interested should also take a look at ;

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/bike-on-the-back-of-a-584.151850/

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1