kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just cancelled our ADAC membership so looking to renew elsewhere, Any recommendations for M/H Insurance for a 9 metre van with European cover ? Regards Chris.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I would be interested to know why you cancelled ADAC. I thought it was good cover at a reasonable price.

I dropped mine when I got insurance cover which included breakdown, but that was before ADAC decided to only accept non-German customers renewing, but not new customers.

As it has happened on the two occasions when I have needed to call on the insurance breakdown it has been in Germany and the assistance has been provided by ADAC, all very efficiently.

Geoff

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I would be interested to know why you cancelled ADAC. I thought it was good cover at a reasonable price.

I dropped mine when I got insurance cover which included breakdown, but that was before ADAC decided to only accept non-German customers renewing, but not new customers.

As it has happened on the two occasions when I have needed to call on the insurance breakdown it has been in Germany and the assistance has been provided by ADAC, all very efficiently.

Geoff
They no longer keep old customers either for full service Europe wide. You need a German address.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
They no longer keep old customers either for full service Europe wide. You need a German address.
I had heard this mentioned before, have ADAC given any reason for this I wonder?, their customer base must have shrunk considerably.
They are an insurance company after all, so there must be risk/reward issues I guess, but would be nice to know how/why they reached this decision, which I believe they had done well before we exited The EU.:unsure:
LES

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I had heard this mentioned before, have ADAC given any reason for this I wonder?, their customer base must have shrunk considerably.
They are an insurance company after all, so there must be risk/reward issues I guess, but would be nice to know how/why they reached this decision, which I believe they had done well before we exited The EU.:unsure:
LES
I don’t know, I just know that there have been loads of threads saying that when the renewal came up it no longer covered the whole of Europe unless you had a German address. That was for UK citizens. This has been for about a year now.

OP
OP
kip

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I don’t know, I just know that there have been loads of threads saying that when the renewal came up it no longer covered the whole of Europe unless you had a German address. That was for UK citizens. This has been for about a year now.
Exactly that Carolyn 👍🏻Went with RAC.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I cancelled mine last summer, I had to get the letter translated but it said that while the whole of Europe would still be covered you would need to live in Germany to continue cover. As has been said it must have lost them a lot of renewals 😳

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Ring your insurer and see if they offer it as an 'add on' to your existing policy or if you can do it as a separate policy just for breakdown (the former may incur an admin fee so the latter might be a better option as it shouldn't) - our new insurer does this so when it comes to us needing recovery in October when our existing one runs out we may go down this route.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back