Jun 7, 2009
france, (Aveyron)
Funster No
MH
A class.
Exp
26 years
UNWELLCOME IN MOROCCO
We had been hearing tales that the man who owns the 2 Atlantica parc camp sites near Agadir and also the one at Aglou
plage near Tiznet has been getting the police to turn off the free campers, last monday we had a meal with some friends in
a restaurant in Agadir, the waiter told us that they were not getting custom from motorcaravanners now, he said they are
going south, about 6pm when I returned to our camper, I was told by 2 policeman go NOW! I said we have been for a meal, we
are not free campers, we are staying at Atlantica parc camp site, once again I was told GO NOW!!
On wednesday we went to Tiznet, the camp site was full, so we parked on the scrap land opposite, an official said you can
shop in Tiznet, but you must leave by 5pm, he directed us to what he called a camp site, where we paid 66 dirhams to park
in a hotel drive, next morning we went back to Tiznet to shop and the same official.,accompanied by a soldier told us to
go to the camp site, I said we've just left it!! (now getting angry!:Angry:) seems there's a curfew for motorcaravanners!!
We left Tiznet and met up with a group of motorcaravanners on a small site between Aglou plage and Sidi Ifni, they told us
that on saturday night the police came to them and told them to leave the parking in front of the hotel at Aglou plage,
they objected as they had paid the hotel to stay, so they were told to leave in the morning, there is now a no camping sign
at Aglou plage, we have all spent a good amount of money in Morocco and because of these restrictions a lot of businesses
will suffer.
We are heading south ourselves now, perhaps we will be more wellcome there. bambi 2

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
This is a result of literally thousands of free campers setting up un official winter sites all along the Atlantic coast, with the resulting problem of chemical waste disposal and mess made.

The Moroccans have no issue with the odd free camper, go in land away from the tourists traps and there is no problem..

jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back