Unwanted 4.5 kg butane bottle (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
On our last trip with the trailer tent [unknown to us at the time!] last summer we replaced our butane bottle. This year, we bought a motor home, which has a hose and fitting specifically for propane. Thus the butane bottle, despite only having a bacon butty's worth of gas taken out of it, is redundant. I tried swapping it for a propane cylinder, but the shop was having none of it - like for like only. I checked on the Calor Gas website, and found that not only can I no swap it, I can't legally sell it! I sent them an email asking for advice, on the basis that my only option seemed to be to keep it for life, then have it buried alongside me, but they declined to answer...

Any ideas as to another course of action? As far as I can see [which is admittedly limited] there isn't an easy way to use the butane cylinder in the motorhome, and it's otherwise never going to be used by me.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes thats easy . its possible to get adaptors to allow you to use that bottle connected to your pigtail in the m,home . speak to fes gas . may not be economic at first but you could then keep the bottle incase you need it elsewhere later.
you should officially have a 50 yr filling agreement with calor . most dont . so calor can uplift the bottle at any time if they want to.
google calor shop .there is an agreement form there for you to look at.
if you have an agreement they will refund part of your initial deposit.
the other option is to let someone else have the bottle,
best not hassle calor or they may send the law round as you have no legal right to be owning the bottle it seems . hee hee

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just sell it..........no electronic tag/homing device tying it to you personally :roflmto: so how would Calor know you sold it......and what would they do if they did know, take you to court...refuse to exchange any others you have.....or nothing !

just another T&C of hire which is impossible to police :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
you should be able to swap it for a propane of the same bottle size if you tried to get it swapped for a 6kg then you have no chance.

best advice is buy a gas bbq and use it on that.:thumb:

more info on swapping here
Link Removed

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back