Unusual venue for an unplanned funster meet (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Last night we arrived at Nonancourt Aire in the vain hope that one of the 6 spaces would be free!! Not a hope :frowny:!! Glynn pulled over on to the forecourt of the unmanned fire station opposite while we quickly perused the Parkings app for inspiration. A few minutes later a red car pulled up in front of us and the lady driver was clearly wearing the shirt of a firefighter. I immediately started indicating my profuse apologies at stopping on the forecourt temporarily when she got out of the car and came over:whatthe:. All ready to beg forgiveness in my best broken French I was shocked when she immediately said that we should park on the edge of the forecourt by the training tower and stay as long as we want!:whew:! Happy days. Another English Motorhome had pulled in behind us so I went over to advise them where they could park and they turned out to be fellow funsters Bill and Lynn @BILL 875 fresh from the Shepton Mallett show although rumour has it they were evicted for being rowdy :rofl:!! You just never know when or where a funster will pop up!! It didn't have a completely happy ending though as the hose pipes hanging from the training tower hadn't been secured so when the wind got up in the night all we could hear was metal banging against metal :swear2:. When the staff turned up this morning they secured the hoses but we had already suffered a sleepless night from the noise :crying:. It turned out that both Glynn and Bill had tried to gain entry to the training tower to secure the hoses to no avail as the doors were padlocked :banghead:.
What are your unusual or unplanned funster meetings??

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
when full I've seen them park in the car park area down towards the river by side of the Town hall.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I have an old ID card from my fireman days for just this eventuality. There are some retained stations in lovely places both in the UK and over the water.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back