Unusual question for Mobility Scooter users. (1 Viewer)

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 13, 2016
Okehampton
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
Since 2016
What about modifying an electric golf trolley? Pedestrian controlled, lots of options for different wheels, lots on eBay. E.g. (not mine)
<Broken link removed>

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
What about modifying an electric golf trolley? Pedestrian controlled, lots of options for different wheels, lots on eBay. E.g. (not mine)
<Broken link removed>
I might have a think about them. With the mobility scooter I've a problem in forward in matching power to walking pace, it travels to fast for me to walk comfortably. ( When it works :giggle: )

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I'll try that, but it works perfectly in reverse
Yes.. well as a tester swap the two outer wires over
If it is just the pot it will then go forward and not reverse

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I might have a think about them. With the mobility scooter I've a problem in forward in matching power to walking pace, it travels to fast for me to walk comfortably. ( When it works :giggle: )
That big knob on the top of the control panel is the top speed adjustment... you should be able to just turn it anti clockwise to a speed you like :)

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
That big knob on the top of the control panel is the top speed adjustment... you should be able to just turn it anti clockwise to a speed you like :)
Unfortunately, dc speed control seems to operate by reducing power. If I'm going to use it to bring logs to the house it needs to negotiate a slope up to the patio with a sharp turn at the top. Initial trials suggest getting a balance there is not easy.

Jul 28, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4i
I've reached a stage where I'm now struggling moving barrows of logs, compost etc. around. I've been looking at electric wheelbarrows, but nothing really takes my fancy. I'm now thinking of buying a used mobility scooter and using that as the basis of a garden cart. The major modification would be to reverse the steering arm so that it became pedestrian controlled, (I'm assuming the existing speed control would enable it to travel at walking pace,) and then mounting a box/cage on top in place of the seat. Can anyone think of any major problems I may have in doing that?
The comment about wheel size is the most sensible. Larger the better. The speed control would still work. Most seats sit on a 'Pedastal' type mount so a bit of DIY should work OK. Stubbyy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back