LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Never considered this. My brother is visiting UK next week (not in m/h) and has asked a question I don't know the answer to. What's the best way to manage money? I use a Caxton card when travelling in the Eurozone but how does it work the other way round?
Is it a case of carry cash or pay conversion + transaction charges at ATM's.

Any suggestions?

Wyn

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I suppose it would depend on what was available from the card providers and banks in the country he's coming from. He might find it cheaper to do a bigger transfer into your account and you sub him (just an idea) or you sub him in pounds when in the UK and vice versa in euros in europe but could get complicated.

David

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
The Post Office offer good exchange rates on line, and he can collect from a nominated local post office.
Also, Weston Union are offering good rates locally, just now, but its worth looking at Thomas Cook also just now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
WynandJean

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Yes he's quite happy carrying cash around but his o/h is a bit concerned. It's too late to investigate what cards to go for, they wouldn't arrive in time. Don't think there are many options now.

Wyn

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
At the risk of being shot down in flames, I have nearly always got a good exchange rate for cash at a bureau de change, just changed cash at the Forex in Sweden, which was as near as dammit close to the best online rate.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back