Unsolicited Calls (1 Viewer)

dolly the dog

Free Member
Feb 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
A class
Today I received a call from my insurers, unsolicited and stated as a curtesy call, I was informed that before discussing the reason for the curtesy call they would have to carry out some security, Address and post code, date of birth, make and registration of vehicle, as I wasn't prepared to answer all the required details I was told they could not discuss the reason for calling me and ended the call.

I am quite surprised in this day and age with the amount of scams going around companies think that people will willingly give out personal details in an unsolicited call, yes I was pretty sure it was my insurers but even so to expect someone to give their details on the basis of a call out of the blue is something i and am sure others will not do.

Seems to be a waste of their time and mine unless people are still willing to divulge their details on the back of just a phone call.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
It has happened to me. I refuse to give details when I cannot confirm who they are.
I ask for a number I can call back and check their status.
If not available then tough we will not be discussing anything further.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Today I received a call from my insurers, unsolicited and stated as a curtesy call, I was informed that before discussing the reason for the curtesy call they would have to carry out some security, Address and post code, date of birth, make and registration of vehicle, as I wasn't prepared to answer all the required details I was told they could not discuss the reason for calling me and ended the call.

I am quite surprised in this day and age with the amount of scams going around companies think that people will willingly give out personal details in an unsolicited call, yes I was pretty sure it was my insurers but even so to expect someone to give their details on the basis of a call out of the blue is something i and am sure others will not do.

Seems to be a waste of their time and mine unless people are still willing to divulge their details on the back of just a phone call.
Sadly, many old people DO give out details. My mum and dad in early o0's gave out information to anyone who phoned up. They had dementia and just answered any question thrown at them until I grabbed the phone off them. :(

Some horrible people out there.

Deleted User
I occasionally get calls from someone telling me I'm due a payout for an accident, so I always say....you know who I am and where I live so please drop a cheque in the post, thank you. Nothing ever arrives ☹️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I have had this calls in the past and my standard answer is not prepared to answer their security questions as they called me, if they are not prepared to answer my security questions then if they need to discuss anything put it in writing. Works and interestingly, when it has not been important you don5 hear anything else from them.
most are marketing calls want to sell additional plans or goods.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I always say ‘you rang me, you should know who I am, I however have no idea who you are’
I would do the same, it's them that should be answering the security questions.
Personally if someone rang me I wouldn't tell them anything, if it's about a car or something they should know what it is without you telling them.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
3 official sounding calls this week from National Insurance fraud squad saying they have suspended my NI number because it had been used for fraudulent use, I must press button 1 to clarify my identity immediately, no good telling them to piss off because they needed me to press #1 to start a dialogue, I’m 76 and fortunately still got a full bag of marbles🤐

Nov 19, 2013
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Sold up!
Exp
since 2013
Flyer through the letter box this morning offering to buy my house within 28 days for cash, no solicitors bills or anything else to pay, all taken care of by the buyer, who apparently lives in Skipton, he gives his address and then a Bradford code telephone number, Skipton is 01756 Bradford 01274.
He allegedly works from home!

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I refused to give any information when they rang me and they ended the call it actually was HMRC. Got a letter 3 days later, funny thing was the moneys due wasn’t actually due just 2 departments within the HMRC not talking to each other. Numptys 😂😂

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Flyer through the letter box this morning offering to buy my house within 28 days for cash, no solicitors bills or anything else to pay, all taken care of by the buyer, who apparently lives in Skipton, he gives his address and then a Bradford code telephone number, Skipton is 01756 Bradford 01274.
He allegedly works from home!
And guess what minimum discount if 15% to 20% off market value 😉

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back