unsightly resin / glue marks on my interior roof (1 Viewer)

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
the interior roof of my new P650gj Sensation has some unsightly glue marks where the panels meet and there is a strip in place to hide the join
I didn't notice them until a week later and would rather try and remove them myself than make a 180 mile round trip to the dealer , can anyone suggest something to remove the glue stains
Apart from that we are pleased with the motorhome

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Lighter fluid, the stuff in cans is good for delicate surfaces and removes most sticky stuff. Its good on paper, as most graphic illustrators use it for clean up on artboards. Be careful on some transparent plastics though.

WD40 is also good but again test it before committing.

If its dry glue will be hard to remove I think. If flat surface not textured a stanley knife blade as a scraper works a treat. great for induction / ceramic hobs, burnt on stuff and all that just watch your fingers.

OP
OP
Neil S
Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Lighter fluid, the stuff in cans is good for delicate surfaces and removes most sticky stuff. Its good on paper, as most graphic illustrators use it for clean up on artboards. Be careful on some transparent plastics though.

WD40 is also good but again test it before committing.

If its dry glue will be hard to remove I think. If flat surface not textured a stanley knife blade as a scraper works a treat. great for induction / ceramic hobs, burnt on stuff and all that just watch your fingers.
Thank you for your reply most helpful , is lighter fluid petroleum based

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I would be wary of using any petroleum based stuff on vinyl or plastic.... :Eeek:

Sticky stuff remover would be my preferred method.. (y)

612FGk869PL._SL1024_.jpg

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The dealer will probably just fit a wider plastic strip to cover it. You could do this yourself but it's a sign of poor quality and there may be other examples you haven't found yet.

I'd tell the dealer but say you will wait until it is convenient for you to return - possibly with a list of other jobs.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I have the same problem. A helpful funster wiped it with diluted washing up liquid and made the stain twice as bad. :(.

Will try a wider strip .. seems like a good idea.

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
Speak to the dealer and send them some photos, agree that something can be done and then discuss next steps with them being so far away. They might have various options including warranty work carried out in a different location, a mobile repair or even compensation for travel and a MH you can borrow for a night or two to use locally while the work is done.

OP
OP
Neil S
Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
The dealer will probably just fit a wider plastic strip to cover it. You could do this yourself but it's a sign of poor quality and there may be other examples you haven't found yet.

I'd tell the dealer but say you will wait until it is convenient for you to return - possibly with a list of other jobs.
I have to say the rest of the finish is good , no rough edges , badly fitting locker doors , and we have been just completed the NC 500 with all its potholes and bumps and there are no annoying rattles compared to the Bailey we previously had that sounded like a builders van .
Overall the we are pleased with the van with the exception of these unsightly marks , I shall contact the dealer today just to make them aware of the issue and email some pics across .
However I'm not intending to return until its first Hab Check in March 2020 unless something else go's wrong

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Another vote for Sticky Stuff Remover - but try it out on a hidden area first. It might take a couple of applications, don't overdo it. You never know how some of these solvents are going to react.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back