Unsafe load - images from Dash Cam (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Good job there wasn’t a child in it.
Best of luck with this one. I hit a palett once just fell of the back of a lorry and hit my car. Did some damage and I had to pay for minor repairs myself.
Phil

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
What fall off the roof of a car is normally handbags coffees cup parcel, fish and chips etc put there when they are fumbling for keys to get it unlocked. The seat was probably put there for SAFE keeping whilst they delved in the back for a tow rope or the like.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
What fall off the roof of a car is normally handbags coffees cup parcel, fish and chips etc put there when they are fumbling for keys to get it unlocked. The seat was probably put there for SAFE keeping whilst they delved in the back for a tow rope or the like.

Funnily enough, I was thinking along the same lines this morning. If that was the case, strange that the van being towed didn't hoot the tow vehicle to warn the driver...before or even after the incident.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Revolvor
Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Funnily enough, I was thinking along the same lines this morning. If that was the case, strange that the van being towed didn't hoot the tow vehicle to warn the driver...before or even after the incident.
Yes, I thought the van MUST have seen it come off the roof.
Now reported to Police, and Video emailed to them too.

May 5, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011

Perhaps Stevie Wonder was driving. Would account for the complete brain fart and inability to observe a child seat perched precariously on a roof not six feet away.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I do feel for you, but it is exactly for this reason that I neither lend or borrow a car unless named on the insurance

The untaxed state makes me think it changed hands on that date as all vehicles are taxed for complete months only

It is also likely that any insurance showing is previous keeper

I fear it will reside with travellers or other undesirables and your chance of claiming off them or their insurer is pretty much zero

I suspect the new keeper is not recorded and it must have sold privately or it has to be taxed by the dealer

Just be grateful it wasn’t worse or involved personal injury

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
It could have been taxed hours earlier. The database can be 5 days before it updates.
It took a couple of weeks for mine to show in the website. hope they weren't both stolen vehicles, uninsured driver claim might come into play.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Yes, I thought the van MUST have seen it come off the roof.
Now reported to Police, and Video emailed to them too.
Yes he saw it and they both scarpered thinking there would be no claim.. Dash cams are good.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
It could have been taxed hours earlier. The database can be 5 days before it updates.
Yes bought a car on Wednesday, taxed the day before, still showed as untaxed until the following Monday.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back