Unlimited DATA ony sim (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Used Three SIM card in my mifi whilst abroad. 3G only and limited to 19Gb per month.

Have now swapped to Vodafone 100gb, 4G, and no limit

Have you been able to compare vodafone while roaming yet?

I ve been using Three for a few years now, its fine in Uk but the throttling while roaming seems to be getting worse. France can be really slow. I'm wondering if vodafone is any better.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Yes. Only just back from France for Easter. First trip with Vodafone. Worked really really well. Full signal all the time and probably used the Firestick everyday. Nice not to have to worry about how much data we were using. Two iPads and two iPhones as well as firestick tethered to it. Seems a waste whilst we only have a few holidays a year, but it’s just such a good offer.

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
I've also gone with Smarty, I elected for the unlimited package, i wasn't bothered by the free calls and texts as i want to use it solely for data in my mifi. I'll be taking it with me for our 10 week trip to Italy, Greece & Bulgaria and as it uses the three network i know I'll get good coverage over there. As whiskyman said, Smarty will refund any unused data plus I can cancel whenever i choose ie not I'm not tied to an annual contract.

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Have you been able to compare vodafone while roaming yet?

I ve been using Three for a few years now, its fine in Uk but the throttling while roaming seems to be getting worse. France can be really slow. I'm wondering if vodafone is any better.

Yes in France now using a Vodaphone 100g sim. Working brilliantly, on 4G, it’s attached to SFR at the moment. We are tethering two iPads, fire stick and Sky box for catch up and films. So far, in two weeks, we have used 25g.

Last edited:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Looking at renewing my current 3 contracts or changing. Smarty seemed good until I read that while roaming you were still subject to the 19Gb monthly limit. You also don’t get any discounts off the unlimited plan if you don’t use much data in a month.

‘SMARTY's usually recognised for being the only UK mobile network that gives customers money off their next bill for unused data. But, it's not possible for us to give an unlimited discount so the discount doesn’t apply to this plan.

Choose to stream everything in 4K or download the entire internet - the choice is yours. Our Unlimited plan is the only 1-month tariff available that's open to everyone and has no speed restrictions (unlike another plan out there). Tethering and personal hotspot use is also included as standard on the plan.

We have set a usage cap at 1,000GB. When tested, using a mobile for every minute of every day only used around 1,000GB in a month. Setting this cap helps us to identify any commercial use of our services, which is not permitted by our terms and conditions. When travelling in the EU, customers will be subject to our fair use limit of 19GB each month.’

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Called in to our 3 shop this afternoon.

You have me down for a 2.5% RPI price increase, I am thinking of terminating, what can you do for me.

I had two contracts, one phone sim unlimited calls and text, 4Gb monthly data, a sim data only 3G mifi 20Gb monthly.

Discussed options and the phone sim only deal I was on was the best deal to suit my circumstances,but, the lady said, if we do you a new contract today on same terms and costs for 12 months, the RPI does not apply until 12 months time.

Ok, but what about the data mifi, everyone I know is getting great new unlimited deals through Smarty and Vodaphone.

Well, looking at your usage profile 20Gb is enough, we can do that for £6 a month less than you are paying now, and give you FOC a new 4G mifi unit.

So, if you have had one of those ‘we are going to give you a price increase’ letters off 3, go and talk to them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back