Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Has anybody figured out the most universal pipe end that can adapt to fit on the majority of different taps in UK and Europe.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
image.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Hi,
In addition to the previous post and suggestion, get yourself a little box and keep a range. Most site taps need a screw-on adaptor which can come in two sizes. A trip to Bleedin Q or similar stores will have a range in the gardening section. The Europeans have all sorts of taps! These range from bog-standard domestic types - where you can use the connector pictured in the above post - to those with screw on terminations.

It's not just a question of the adaptors either. It depends upon how far you are away from the tap! If you aren't on a 'posh' site where the pitch has its own service points, fill up with water when you enter the site. The reception staff will tell you where the water points are. (Fresh water is called Eau Potable in French). I always take a 5 litre canister (purchased from Icelands store) then re-fill it after that arrival cuppa. Or, get a larger plastic food grade 'Jerrycan' to save getting the filler hose out and moving the 'van.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I don't think there is a universal fitting for all taps .... I carry a box with around 15 different connecters and have used most them at some point .... I have also still been caught out without the correct one at times :doh:

P's. I am coming across more now that require a male Hozelock type end to push into a female outlet that start gushing as soon as you push it in.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back