Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
So how many of you have at some point in your life bought a unicycle, tried to learn to ride it & failed?

Or perhaps, you always wanted to ride one, but don't know where to start?

Having taught 100 's of people since I retired, providing you can come to my home town in South Wales, I'd be happy to give you a free lesson

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I tried on my sons I can only suggest if you can't afford a vasectomy its an excellent substitute and the John Wayne walk is easy afterwards!!!

OP
Nasher

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
But how long / how many lessons would it take on average to become a competent unicycle rider?
I have had people who, after instruction, within 20 minutes could pedal for 10 metres, others have taken longer, but the basics I teach means you should be able to progress without further help

I tried on my sons I can only suggest if you can't afford a vasectomy its an excellent substitute and the John Wayne walk is easy afterwards!!!
Proper set up and some instruction alleviates those problems, I regularly do a 10 mile ride and have done 58 miles in one day

I even managed a ten mile ride on this one - the saddle is 2 metres off the ground - mind you, I was only 62 at the time

01.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Haven’t you just had a hip replacement?

If so I think one lesson should cover it
If I were to inform the consultant who performed said op that I want to ride a unicycle, he would probably have a coronary! Doesn’t mean I don’t fancy a

He doesn’t approve of motorcycles or any impact activities either.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I have had people who, after instruction, within 20 minutes could pedal for 10 metres, others have taken longer, but the basics I teach means you should be able to progress without further help

Proper set up and some instruction alleviates those problems, I regularly do a 10 mile ride and have done 58 miles in one day

I even managed a ten mile ride on this one - the saddle is 2 metres off the ground - mind you, I was only 62 at the time

View attachment 270606
Our son used to cycle to the shops and back I think he nerly caused a few accidents with rubber neckers

Nov 18, 2011
Funster No
I would like to bid £20 but still for Jay to still have the lesson :xsmile:

I am planning a long and injury free retirement I can see this going very wrong if my bulk attempts this Newton's Law defying act :xThumb:
thank you David very kind of you :xThumb:
bill

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer S830 A Class
Exp
Since 1993
Thought I would take this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and to bump the Xmas Auction Threads, every little helps and as Mahatma Gandhi said....

“You may never know what results come of your action, But if you do nothing there will be no result.”

Have a bid folks it’s for a good cause.
:xThumb:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer S830 A Class
Exp
Since 1993
Christmas Charity Auctions 2018

All Proceeds of the Charity go Direct to Myaware a Registered Charity No. England & Wales 1046443. Scotland SC044744.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
SMC Motorhomes Newark
Johns Cross
Funster Discounted tickets to the NEC Show
Rhino Installs
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance