Underslung Space on L4H2 Ducato etc (1 Viewer)

Stacker

Free Member
Sep 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Doing a conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi All

Following a successful fact finding / experimenting trip in a Swift Escape 612 over the Bank Holiday week, I am now planning a self build.

Looking at the ducato/ boxer/ relay in L4H2 size and keen to maximise internal space as far as possible.

I would like to try underslung tanks for both fresh and grey water and also an underslung gaslow refillable gas tank.

In all three cases I'd like to try to go for the maximum capacity I can manage. Does anyone have advice on what is possible in the space available under the van?

Ideally I would like to find some underchassis diagrams/ pictures but have not been able to.

Any advice much appreciated

Cheers

Rob

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Your out of luck with fitting a Gaslow underslung LPG tank as they don't do them, so Gas-it is your best option and on my Boxer that fits across the van directly behind the exhaust silencer box between the two cross members.

38 litre x 230mm diameter is the biggest I could get in that position.

<Broken link removed>

1599596654883.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, I have an Autosleeper Warwick 6.4 metres long And there is a fuel tank an adblue tank a gas tank a fresh water tank grey water tank and a spare wheel all tucked under there .

Hotpot

Free Member
Sep 16, 2020
Sunny Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Camper Van
Exp
I have just been down the same route (well almost). There are specially made tanks for the Ducato/Boxer/Relay that fit almost into pockets between the chassis, you can hardly see them when fitted. See Barrett Tanks (http://www.tank.me/) his Tanks are good quality, he fits them for around £40 but there is usually a wait list of a couple of months for fitting.

As for LPG Gas I avoided it. I didn't want to be reliant on having to find an LPG seller, nor carry the weight of a tank around all the time. Have you considered going diesel? For example tap into your Diesel Tank as a fuel source, its easier than you may think on the Ducato/Boxer/Relay as the tank is so easily accessible from inside the cab. (Peugeot Boxer Diesel Fuel Line). I use Diesel for cooking and power. You save space inside the van and also under it as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back