Under £10 A Night Stops - bit of a demand for this! (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
A couple just started this Facebook group whilst away in their motorhome just 2 days ago https://www.facebook.com/groups/424445484557782/ & over 1000 people have joined them!
Know that there are various websites already for this but often the information is out of date so with people sharing their recent experiences & local knowledge this seems like a good idea :) Don't think the Facebook couple are interested in developing it that much but wouldn't it be good to be in Tripadvisor style format with ratings & feedback for budget campsites & overnight stops - especially with photos too?!
Don't know if the big clubs now post photos & detailed info. about their CLs but always thought they were missing a trick with their basic listings.

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
A couple just started this Facebook group whilst away in their motorhome just 2 days ago https://www.facebook.com/groups/424445484557782/ & over 1000 people have joined them!
Know that there are various websites already for this but often the information is out of date so with people sharing their recent experiences & local knowledge this seems like a good idea :) Don't think the Facebook couple are interested in developing it that much but wouldn't it be good to be in Tripadvisor style format with ratings & feedback for budget campsites & overnight stops - especially with photos too?!
Don't know if the big clubs now post photos & detailed info. about their CLs but always thought they were missing a trick with their basic listings.

Thank you.. have joined. Desperate to try and keep motorhome on road .. this will help. Yeah. Thank you. X

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Sounds great. We'd be interested too if they are basic CL type stop overs.
Shame you have to join fb to access it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I've joined as well. Fed up of paying the higher prices . Going up all the time I the UK. Love the french Aires but can't stay abroad all the time.

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
Agree with Movan. There are plenty on here that would contribute and am sure, looking at some threads which have tons of views about travels ect that it would be very popular. So another vote Jim.
Ray. :Grin:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Might be a good idea for @Jim to have an ongoing forum on here UNDER £10 PER UNIT PER NIGHT and one called SOLOS .. UNDER £10 PER NIGHT
Love it Joy - would it need to be sub divided by north, south, east, west or something as once you get more than a few pages on a thread it's a 'mare to find things

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Good idea(y). Will help keep costs down, with caveat that people dont expect too much. Lot of people expect CC(CMC) quality for "Chuck-it and Bucket" in a grass field, money. When I started out, you could get a "site" (Elsan emptying and water) for 10shillings per night!. Or less!.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Good idea(y). Will help keep costs down, with caveat that people dont expect too much. Lot of people expect CC(CMC) quality for "Chuck-it and Bucket" in a grass field, money. When I started out, you could get a "site" (Elsan emptying and water) for 10shillings per night!. Or less!.
10 bob was a lot of money then ! And yes, I remember those days too.
Phil

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm not very familiar with FB, if people add details of sites are they buried in the ever growing list of posts or stored separately?
How would you be able to see the site details without ploughing through other posts?

Just asking.

That is one of the issues with facebook. It's just one very, very long thread. In this case though, the group owners are adding sites to a spreadsheet that you can download.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Might be a good idea for @Jim to have an ongoing forum on here UNDER £10 PER UNIT PER NIGHT and one called SOLOS .. UNDER £10 PER NIGHT

It is a good idea, you'll find that thousands will join it but maybe just 6 people will add sites. Its similar here and funsters really need to be encouraged to add info. I added this section a couple of years ago and I'd hoped it would have more entries that it has Best Campsites For... I must start pushing it again (y)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Knew that the campsite review area on here hadn't yet really taken off & that websites are not always accurate or up to date so the idea of a somewhere where feedback from local knowledge or recent experience especially of low cost stops or sites seems like a great idea. The Facebook page owners now have a bit of a monster as a lot of work not just updating the file that they are using but adding those joining (now just under 3000 in 2.5 days!) & answering all the messages :eek: They don't seem to be getting anywhere near as many contributions to be added as those joining to find info. so that is where Fun might be better as we like to share & help each other (y)
TripAdvisor is a great resource for finding where to visit, eating out & accommodation across the world so something similar on here for motorhome stops & sites with members giving feedback (member login only) could be a great asset to Fun forum?! Could see that it could eventually become enough to attract more members (especially with low cost options or deals all in one place rather than spread across the forum) & be really useful to us all but although an appealing idea in an ideal world it would probably not be easy to add or run :unsure:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Knew that the campsite review area on here hadn't yet really taken off & that websites are not always accurate or up to date so the idea of a somewhere where feedback from local knowledge or recent experience especially of low cost stops or sites seems like a great idea. The Facebook page owners now have a bit of a monster as a lot of work not just updating the file that they are using but adding those joining (now just under 3000 in 2.5 days!) & answering all the messages :eek: They don't seem to be getting anywhere near as many contributions to be added as those joining to find info. so that is where Fun might be better as we like to share & help each other (y)
TripAdvisor is a great resource for finding where to visit, eating out & accommodation across the world so something similar on here for motorhome stops & sites with members giving feedback (member login only) could be a great asset to Fun forum?! Could see that it could eventually become enough to attract more members (especially with low cost options or deals all in one place rather than spread across the forum) & be really useful to us all but although an appealing idea in an ideal world it would probably not be easy to add or run :unsure:
Blimey I think I have misunderstood this entire thread, I thought at under a tenner a night it was listing sites that should be avoided. I had no idea it was the opposite....now I see it having two purposes, one for those who prefer sites for under a tenner and those like me who don't...;):)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Blimey I think I have misunderstood this entire thread, I thought at under a tenner a night it was listing sites that should be avoided. I had no idea it was the opposite....now I see it having two purposes, one for those who prefer sites for under a tenner and those like me who don't...;):)

Quiet day in Watford Buttons?

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Best Campsites For... I must start pushing it again (y)

Would it be possible to use a Google 'My Map' for the data capture especially as it has the ability for funsters to enter free-form information about the location they are pinning onto the map. The layering could be used to segregate from less than £10/night, good for solos, etc, etc.

Only asking because I don't have the patience to sift through mutliple posts to find something I like the sound of, especially when there are multiple locations in the UK with similar names! :)

Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
It is a good idea, you'll find that thousands will join it but maybe just 6 people will add sites. Its similar here and funsters really need to be encouraged to add info. I added this section a couple of years ago and I'd hoped it would have more entries that it has Best Campsites For... I must start pushing it again (y)
Jim - didn't even realise that existed here, so much to explore. Can you also add another with one "Best sites for sightseeing". Would really find that useful :)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Quiet day in Watford Buttons?
It would be if my phone stopped ringing. I popped over to see my son earlier he left his phone at mine, at least he is predictable, dad can you pass a few blocks up, can you fill this bucket with muck, can you pass that bolster.:) So now the rest of the day is mine, yes hopefully it will be a quiet day in Watford..(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back