LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Now I can almost hear the sighs going up about another thread on Aframes, but I thougth I would just bring to funsters attention an article in this months MMM Page 188 under the title "News from VOSA"

In the section titled Towing it says

" Brakes:trailers not exceeding 750kg GVW do not require brakes to be fitted, but if fitted they must work satisfactorily. Brakes are required on other trailers. Any car towed however small, has brakes fitted and therefore must be braked when towed"

It goes on to say later -

"One point which is utterly clear here, is that any vehicle towed on an A-Frame irrespective of its weight, must have operable brakes"

If motorhomes are to be under more scrutiny from VOSA then a-frame towers may be particularly targetted.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Now I can almost hear the sighs going up about another thread on Aframes, but I thougth I would just bring to funsters attention an article in this months MMM Page 188 under the title "News from VOSA"

In the section titled Towing it says

" Brakes:trailers not exceeding 750kg GVW do not require brakes to be fitted, but if fitted they must work satisfactorily. Brakes are required on other trailers. Any car towed however small, has brakes fitted and therefore must be braked when towed"

It goes on to say later -

"One point which is utterly clear here, is that any vehicle towed on an A-Frame irrespective of its weight, must have operable brakes"

If motorhomes are to be under more scrutiny from VOSA then a-frame towers may be particularly targetted.

Are there any cars under 750kg GVW apart from the Aixiam anyway? The Smart is over 750kg.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back