Unblocking a bathroom washbasin (1 Viewer)

jhbgaiem

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
Galapagar near Madrid, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
HELP!!!
My washbasin is blocked and I can't get it clear. I am told not to use any chemical deblocker as it destroys the plastic/rubber pipes.
How do I do it?:cry:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
HELP!!!
My washbasin is blocked and I can't get it clear. I am told not to use any chemical deblocker as it destroys the plastic/rubber pipes.
How do I do it?:cry:

Most of the chemical sink cleaners should be fine ; however if the sink is really blocked i would remove the center screw to release the fitting below the sink , unscrew the jublee clip and remove the pipe,the blockage is probably in the plastic elbow see the pic

Click here

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
has it ever drained properly or has it drained very slowly?

i thought the kitchen sink was blocked on my kontiki......put chemical stuff (which turned out to be caustic soda) from Aldi down it, still blocked.
got under the van and pulled the pipework off....no blockage:Doh:

lifted the sink and there it was....an up-sweep in the waste pipe forming an upside down U bend. the bend was higher than the plughole:Sad:

poor design by swift or a fitter having a bad day??? i dunno.... but i 're-plumbed' the waste so it was level and now it drains fully and quickly. :thumb:

yours should be easy to see in the bathroom.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
The old ways are best !!!

Before resorting to all this "chemi" stuff, Try using the traditional rubber tit shaped plunger !! It probably is some hair and soap so try putting some boiling water down prior to plunging to soften it up. Works every time for me, even the kitchen sink with food bits etc.....:thumb: :thumb: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back