Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I just copied the attached below from the other forum not something I would normally do but I find it unbelievable if true

I have just been contacted by the new general manager from Brownhills at Newark after trying to place an order for a new Hymer 642.

He has advised me that his company are not willing to deal with me because of comments made on this or another forum, (actually I have only posted on here)

He has told me that I will not be able to purchase a vehicle from the Brownhills group.

He will not supply me with a motorhome under any circumstance.

So!, I have had problems with my initial Brownhills purchase because of inferior workmanship, although I have posted on here about the work which they carried out to rectify matters.

So the motorhome I was hoping to buy from them will not be realised.

I would still be able to buy abroad but could not use the Brownhills company for any work.

Which leaves me with a dilemma, do I stop the sale of my Hymer 644 and keep this. or purchase another vehicle from another company, although I cannot find a suitable alternative at the moment that will carry my mobility scooter or wheelchair. Mind you if I keep my present Hymer, I would not be able to get it serviced at Brownhills. so what happens to the warranty they provided.

Obviously they have not considered the stress that my wife and I have endured due to our problems.

Many more people have bought from Brownhills and have had problems and posted as such on this group, I wonder if they will get the same treatment that I have got by providing relevant truthful information.

I wonder where we go from here, maybe they can afford to turn customers away.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
What I find unbelievable is that people want to buy from those clowns. I am sure that they have 10 satisfied customers to every disgruntled one, but I have heard so many stories of woe, that I just would not risk purchasing from them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peterandbetty

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
North Staffs
Funster No
Exp
I can not believe Brownhills ,who in there right mind would turn away a purchase of a motorhome .Weve had problems with Brownhills and would never consider buying from them again, when it took trading standards to get them to talk to use ,but whos running this buisness that they can afford to turn away a new purchase ,you would have thought that they would be doing all in there power to put things right and have positive feedback instead of turning people away .
Betty

2escapees

Deleted User
He should send the details to watchdog and every motorhome magazine in the UK so that everyone knows what they are like. I have had on one experience of Brownhills and that was not good. He should also wrote to Hymer in Germany!

peterandbetty

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
North Staffs
Funster No
Exp
He should send the details to watchdog and every motorhome magazine in the UK so that everyone knows what they are like. I have had on one experience of Brownhills and that was not good. He should also wrote to Hymer in Germany!

Im sure that Watchdog would take this on but as for the magazines ,i dont think so ,as they get alot of money from Brownhills and they would'nt want to loose that .
Betty

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back