Unable to contact Mirror Guard (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
So he's has had a problem and he will no doubt apologise to those to whom he has not been able to reply to whilst he has been away. He may choose to review his arrangements when he's away but that's up to him and the way he runs his business. I get the impression that there are more happy customers than unhappy ones as he's away less than when he's at home. Perhaps he needs to have a statement of terms and conditions which covers the possibility of delayed shipments and delayed communications. Perhaps he's fortunate in not having to worry about the odd unhappy customer when he's on holiday and if so that's up to him.

As far as the OP is concerned the supplier has suffered a communication blackout beyond his control so going OTT too soon may be a lesson learnt.

Lessons to learnt on both sides I feel!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I think Paul needs to look at how he communicates with his customers. A note on the website, a facebook page or a twitter account telling customers you are on holiday is so easy to do. We all make mistakes, its why they put rubbers on the end of pencils. I'm sure after reading this he will sort it (y)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
A good thing that's come out of this:
I took a peek at their website and found this new product, which I suspect we may be purchasing - a bit expensive but then so was the moho

Broken Link Removed

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
So are we going to see any retractions now?
I doubt it ... people are too quick to jump on stuff like this and start criticising with no evidence whatsoever that anything is seriously wrong ...

I almost lost my business through the actions of people "jumping to conclusions".

I also hope his business does not suffer any ill effects; s**t has the unfortunate property of sticking.
I too hope there is no unwanted effect of this thread being started by someone who just appeared to want to sh*t stir ... sorry if the OP thinks that's OTT but I doubt if he gave any thought to how his posting could seriously affect the company.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I took a peek at their website and found this new product, which I suspect we may be purchasing - a bit expensive but then so was the moho

Broken Link Removed

Suggest you see one in the flesh first, not knocking it but some love it, others hate it.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Broken Link Removed

He gave us one of those to raffle for charity, it was well made. I forget who won it, but they reported back that they use it all the time (y)

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
At 6pm this evening I had a reply to my email to Paul at MirrorGuard. This is a part of that reply.
Thank you @Jim for taking the time to email them as well as updating us on receiving a response.

I for one very much look forward to receiving my order in due course(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Might be a good idea to remove the "warning" part of the title, as someone may read the first few pages and get the wrong impression.

Andrew
Agree - not sure if the OP can do it or whether it would be @Jim who could consider doing so.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I think Paul needs to look at how he communicates with his customers. A note on the website, a facebook page or a twitter account telling customers you are on holiday is so easy to do. We all make mistakes, its why they put rubbers on the end of pencils. I'm sure after reading this he will sort it (y)

Indeed - it would have stopped this whole thread in the first place. And it isn't that hard either

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Indeed - it would have stopped this whole thread in the first place. And it isn't that hard either
Perhaps it would have been better if those 'quickly throwing stones' had waited to see what the real reason for it was rather than criticising. I doubt, though, that any of those who did that will even think about admitting they were too hasty.

OP
OP
Pjstingray
Jul 21, 2016
Kernow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
New
Well - lots of opinions as to whether it is good business practice to not communicate or have a backup in place when maybe holidaying. I do believe that any of you would be getting a bit itchy if you had parted with money and neither heard or received anything after 2 weeks and then found that voicemail boxes were full. I have purchased things from the other side of the world in half the time. A Clymer Harley Davidson Manual from USA - 3 days.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Well - lots of opinions as to whether it is good business practice to not communicate or have a backup in place when maybe holidaying. I do believe that any of you would be getting a bit itchy if you had parted with money and neither heard or received anything after 2 weeks and then found that voicemail boxes were full. I have purchased things from the other side of the world in half the time. A Clymer Harley Davidson Manual from USA - 3 days.
2 weeks is just plain bloody rude.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I understand your frustration but starting a thread entitled 'BEWARE' is, IMV, OTT and could have caused damage to the company, and also caused concern to others too ... especially when you didn't have the full facts (yes I know you tried contacting them) and actually hadn't even told anyone on this thread how LONG you'd been waiting ... unless I missed it somewhere.

You haven't bought any '3' sims too have you off Ebay ... if so then no doubt you'll be really well and truly peeeeeeeeed off now! :D

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Perhaps it would have been better if those 'quickly throwing stones' had waited to see what the real reason for it was rather than criticising. I doubt, though, that any of those who did that will even think about admitting they were too hasty.
No doubt. I stand by everything I said (including rating the product highly), based on years of running a customer focussed business and no matter what the reason, it was so easy to prevent with some fairly basic steps.

OP
OP
Pjstingray
Jul 21, 2016
Kernow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
New
I understand your frustration but starting a thread entitled 'BEWARE' is, IMV, OTT and could have caused damage to the company, and also caused concern to others too ... especially when you didn't have the full facts (yes I know you tried contacting them) and actually hadn't even told anyone on this thread how LONG you'd been waiting ... unless I missed it somewhere.

You haven't bought any '3' sims too have you off Ebay ... if so then no doubt you'll be really well and truly peeeeeeeeed off now! :D

Er! 2 weeks!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Er! 2 weeks!!
Yes I know that now as you've just told us about 10 mins ago, but can you point me to where in your earlier posts you mentioned that please.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yet, you still asked the question whilst quoting my post?
... perhaps you need to re-read what I'm asking but I'll repeat it again in a simpler form: where in any of your previous posts, excluding the ones you've just done in the last 10 minutes or so, did you EVER state you'd been waiting 2 weeks ...

OP
OP
Pjstingray
Jul 21, 2016
Kernow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
New
... perhaps you need to re-read what I'm asking but I'll repeat it again in a simpler form: where in any of your previous posts, excluding the ones you've just done in the last 10 minutes or so, did you EVER state you'd been waiting 2 weeks ...

Oh dear - itching for a fight? - my initial post was to tell others that I had parted with money and received no communication or product, intended to stop others potentially losing money as well. If you wish to be pedantic about what order and when I said things fine, but I have no more time to waste on replying to you.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I think everybody should run their business in the way that suits them and their customers, it would appear in this case that something has gone wrong but let's keep an open mind.

The only other comment I would make is that when we were in business we never charged anybody's credit card until the goods were ready to despatch, and I thought that there were rules governing this.

Martin
It's normal business practice for online companies to take payment with order.
Storing customers card details to enable later payment is fraut with problems, including theft of stored card data.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Oh dear - itching for a fight? - my initial post was to tell others that I had parted with money and received no communication or product, intended to stop others potentially losing money as well. If you wish to be pedantic about what order and when I said things fine, but I have no more time to waste on replying to you.
@Pjstingray It was a simple question @Minxy Girl was asking. If you had supplied the facts on your initial post some of the replies might have been different. A bit like telling half a story.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User

Good job the OP didn't order a Lite Lok bike lock !

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
To be fair to @Pjstingray who posted the warning, it was made in good faith.

He probably thought he was dealing with something bigger than a 'one man firm', a business with premises and staff and no response after making payment rang alarm bells.

And that's the problem with dealing with firms on the internet, having a fancy website gives you a big profile.

The problem wasn't the OP's, it was MirrorGuards. I posted that he may have had health problems or family emergency, it wasn't, it was a problem with his phone and being on holiday.

His choice on how he runs his business is fine but if he relies on the telephone or email he should have a back up if things go wrong.

I am sure he will make sure this doesn't happen again.

Good luck to him and anyone in business today
(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back