Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Hi,

Not motorhome related I know but there is good chance that we will need un-occupied house insurance for MIL. Does anyone know of a good insurance broker that they have used for this type of insurance? Before anyone says it, I know that some people will say 'good' and 'insurance broker' are mutually exclusive!

Many thanks in advance

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Hi,

Not motorhome related I know but there is good chance that we will need un-occupied house insurance for MIL. Does anyone know of a good insurance broker that they have used for this type of insurance? Before anyone says it, I know that some people will say 'good' and 'insurance broker' are mutually exclusive!

Many thanks in advance
We insured direct with Aviva who have a limit of 60 days unoccupied status. Previously with our Bank, but cover provided by Aviva; the former wanted in excess of £450 for buildings and contents cover this year, the latter charged £217 for the same insurance. We'll be keeping a close eye on the renewal quote from Aviva to see the value of the 'New Customer' premium!

Steve

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Try intrasure.
Do u mean not furnished as opposed to furnished but not lived in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 11, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840 SE
Exp
When I needed this insurance for a rental property I was selling with vacant possession so empty for 9 months in total, I was with Direct Line for Landlord Insurance but the did not do empty property and put me in touch with Adrian Flux who came back with the best cover and quote I had, they put the business with a world wide company whos name eludes me.

Hope this helps

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Might get more sense out of ringing Help the Aged? - dunno, but just thought they might be more likely to have fielded such an enquiry before, is all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back