Un locked mifi and 3 in France (1 Viewer)

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Hi laneside.

But from our experience feel at home is just a load of advertising BS as we have never managed to connect yet. Ok so if you are near major cities or towns you may be lucky but for where ever we have been in. France as yet it is a complete waste of time and no more than an annoying gimmick

That can happen here. I have been on a rally just outside Ipswich and could not get a signal of any kind, Fon wifi or Mobile. Remember France is a bigger than the UK and lots of it is very rural . Some years ago I had a mobile phone that I had to drive 5 miles to Potter Heigham to get a signal yet SWMBO had an old brick with a Virgin PAYGo and it was perfect. As you say maybe okay in a town area but like here in the sticks not so good and in the sticks is often where we go in Motorhomes.

Shazzy44

Free Member
Jul 28, 2013
Leigh lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Been in France a week using I phone on 3 network, no problems at all other than no tethering..am connected to Bouygues so hope it's not charging me

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Well we have done Callais, Embry, La mailleraye, Le Mans, Ruffec, Riberac and now at my sisters at Castillonnes just below Bergerac and still never connected using the 3 unlocked mifi. All I ever get is connected to Bytell and the it wanders between connected and disconnected so now I am convinced it is an advertising con that is less use then a chocolate fire guard

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
On our 3rd day in France and 3 MIFI has connected at all locations so far with full strength including the little village next to La Mailleraye sur Seine (Heurteauville).

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Laneside.

Are you using you MIFI with a tablet. I generally use a laptop with no problems but with our Samsung Tablet it opens up showing that we are connected to Bytel and if I try to open yahoo it switches back to the Bytel page again.
If however I ask the tablet to open one of my bookmarked pages it works perfectly. Have not sussed that one out yet but can at least get emails and everything else I want.

Doug

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back