Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
Do any of you use this I had it recommended to me by a friend who owns a Tyre fitting company (he does not sell this)
Link Removed
I was considering buying Tyrons but as he put it you still have the puncture to deal with. Anyway I ordered for my Van on Monday morning, Tuesday morning it arrived very impressed around £68 for 4 tyres.The company you will see have put a link on their site for MHF members to purchase in bulk at a very generous price and I am sure with further contact this would be offered to us any comments Jim.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I bought some at a show a couplke of years ago for my dog trailer as it only has a single axle and I am sure I wouldnt know if i had a puncture, though the dog would:Eeek:. If it does as promised it will do well. I forget what I paid, but that looks like a good deal. great link:thumb: has anyone ever used it.

OP
OP
Sweet Chariot

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
Jim if you emailed the owner Terry I am sure he would put you a link on or even consider advertising with you. The other side did not even acknowledge the thread.:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Not used that.....but have used this :Smile:

Does what it says on the bottle - had some in a tyre on my car, got 12 months of school runs out of it before the tyre eventually needed replacing (could have had something to do with the screw embedded in the tread) :Doh:

Geo.......don't read that if you want to sleep tonight :Eeek: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Personally as a former tyre fitter I have a couple of issues with these kind of quick fix systems!
Firstly i don't like the thought that they can mask serious tyre defects!
Punctures need to be repaired with mushroom patches and any sidewall damage to a tyre is not repairable to UK standard which could invalidate your insurance!
Secondly if its a solution based product it will play havoc with wheel balancing which could be a lot worse for road grip than tyre pressure and cause steering vibration!
Thirdly i have had blow outs at 100 mph and todays tyres will take it with minimum danger and if the tyre is knackered i would rather know straight away and get it replaced!
Things like tyre weld are ok to get you to a garage but i wouldn't trust them any further than that especially when you have 30 grands worth of motorhome on top of them!

Just thought of something else!
It could be considered by your insurance company as a modification to manufacturers spec and if not declared can invalidate your insurance!

I know it sounds picky but the first thing an insurance engineer checks after an accident is your tyres and all they are looking for is an excuse not to pay out!

I would check with you insurance company that its an approved product before using it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sweet Chariot

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
In response to Digger Drivers quite rightly pointed out concerns I spoke with the Tyre fitter before he installed the product today. He has Ultraseal in his own Private Car and has fitted it to numerous others. He also states with no disrespect meant that technology has moved on. You could fit Tyrons ( a good product) they will not prevent punctures and then you have to find a Tyre Depo. that deals with Tyron a lot will not as they can be a pain in the ar.e What he also quite rightly points out is this product does not remove your obligation to check your tyres for damage on a regular basis. Anyway mine is now fitted total cost £75 and up to yet no side affects.
Now to try and answer some of the concerns,

Firstly i don't like the thought that they can mask serious tyre defects
Punctures need to be repaired with mushroom patches and any sidewall damage to a tyre is not repairable to UK standard which could invalidate your insurance!

Ultraseal will not mask or hide a dangerous wound but allow a controlled deflation of the tyre. To add to that a patch is subject to heat being glue based it will in time fail unlike Ultraseal.

Secondly if its a solution based product it will play havoc with wheel balancing which could be a lot worse for road grip than tyre pressure and cause steering vibration!
Q - Does Ultraseal cause out of balance problems?
A - No!
Ultraseal cannot create an out of balance situation. If the tyre and rim are properly balanced prior to installing Ultraseal and neither is out of round, then there will not be a change in performance

Ultraseal does not balance tyres or rims. If a problem exists then Ultraseal may aggravate the situation, which acts as a safety warning alerting the driver that there is definitely a tyre, rim and/or suspension problem.

Thirdly i have had blow outs at 100 mph and todays tyres will take it with minimum danger and if the tyre is knackered i would rather know straight away and get it replaced!
I will take your word for that.:Eeek:

Things like tyre weld are ok to get you to a garage but i wouldn't trust them any further than that especially when you have 30 grands worth of motorhome on top of them!

Tyre Weld is a totally different concept being used after the puncture it costs between a fiver and a tenner and your tyre is rendered useless after.

Just thought of something else!
It could be considered by your insurance company as a modification to manufacturers spec and if not declared can invalidate your insurance!

Good point, spoke to the Insurance company who informed me where you are fitting a safety measure you do not need to inform us, yes we have heard of the product

I know it sounds picky but the first thing an insurance engineer checks after an accident is your tyres and all they are looking for is an excuse not to pay out!

Answer above applies

I would check with you insurance company that its an approved product before using it!

I know Insurance companies approve security measures but not everything else ie Approved Reversing Camera, approved Reversing Sensors the list would be endless.
Hope this goes some way to answering your concerns.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Hi sweetchariot, I have had ultraseal installed since 2002 in the trailer tyres that I tow with my Harley Davidson, never had a problem.

John.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back