UK travellers to be barred from Germany From Sun 23 May (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
There is no such thing as an "EU" passport.only a passport issued by an EU state.
If you are travelling out of the uk on an irish passport & through the uk then it will affect you.
If you have UK registration plates it will affect you.
Most european law enforcement have no idea that irish can come & go & drive uk vehicles & would err on side of caution & assume you are on the banned list. as above working drivers are exempt even if they travel from Ireland through uk into europe.

I hope not as We will be travelling from Poland on UK plates and have not been in UK for ages.

Geoff

Garry - June

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Pershore, Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia
Exp
What makes me smile is that the German Government are to stop us from Monday BUT they are relaxing the rules about people from France where they have a much greater problem with Covid than us!!!!!!
Maybe if Germany was as eager to get UK tourism cash as Portugal and Spain they may have taken a different approach..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2021
Bournemouth, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Karmann
I cannot see how this will be policed. I think that most travel bans applies to flying. I currently live in Germany and have just returned from a trip via Belgium and France. I did 2 PCR tests one to enter France the other to enter Germany thinking that there would somehow be border control to check my negative results...in two words...bugger all. With a camper you should be fine and if stopped plead innocence and show a negative test result or your vaccine record. Germany needs the tourism and the UK is a shining light in the fight against Covid at the moment.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
What makes me smile is that the German Government are to stop us from Monday BUT they are relaxing the rules about people from France where they have a much greater problem with Covid than us!!!!!!
And France already has cases of the Indian variant.

HectorsHoose

Free Member
May 10, 2021
Perth, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2016
It reads as people travelling from the UK to Germany not just Britons so if I happened to be in The Netherlands at the Moment I could still travel to Germany.
I read it like that too. So I guess if you’ve been in France for example for 2 weeks then there’s no problem. But essentially as there are no actual manned borders between France & Germany I can’t see a problem. Especially if you have proof of a crossing from > 14 days previously.

popotla

Free Member
Jun 5, 2018
Germany
Funster No
MH
3.5t on Ford Ranger
Exp
Come to Germany! It's great for motorhoming/van life.
B**ls*it. Germany is ramping up the fear to ever greater levels.

Please ignore TV and all other mainstream media. Do your own research.

Jul 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
How is that going to effect republic if Ireland travellers/ lorry drivers. Can see this policy hitting the barriers for road users. Is it the case if residents of the uk or nationals. We hold EU passports. So can we go into Germany with uk registered vehicle then when stopped show EU passports. Will that be against freedom of movement ?
Lorry drivers are exempt although they are required to have negative covid test again
Its hard to keep up with rules tbh ( transport co owner )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back