UK to wait months for EU trips (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Why would they be compelled to allow us to transit? Should we be compelled to allow travel by people from other nations?
I wonder what the agreement is for the tunnel? Would they set it up that France could just cut off access at will? Investors wouldnt like that and therefore it wouldnt have got off the blocks. ET is AFAIK a French Company, without the brits the tunnel is as much use as a chocolate teapot. It also gives Brittany ferries a big problem. OK there is freight but will that make the sums work?

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
With our high levels of vaccination we are probably less risk to them than they are to us.

We don't have to roll over meekly when Merkel (and Macron) decide to stop us going to Spain or Greece until further notice. Who the hell do they think they are. Let's start a boycott that will help change their mindset.

Don't buy any more new Audis, BMWs, Mercs, VWs, Renaults, Peugeots, Citroens etc until we are allowed to travel into mainland Europe again. Only buy new cars that are manufactured in the UK, or Fords, Teslas and so on. If you must change the car. Same goes for new MHs. Fiat, Ford, or Iveco only. No Peugeot, Citroen, VW, or Merc base vehicles.
I can't afford a new car.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Not sure if I dare admit this, but last autumn we bought our fifth Citroen (a C3 Aircross), during the last forty years.

And further, we're on our 3rd French-converted motorhome - 2 Rapido and 1 Chausson... :unsure: ;) :giggle:
Excellent story, have to say after driving that little C3 I have put my bias somewhere else and who knows I may even buy a Citroen in the future

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Remember that their is always that big air strip for isolation on there return if every one is that desperate to go.
Any one coming back it would be interesting to see what they would do with them take them directly to a hotel and put motor home in to storage
bill

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Remember that their is always that big air strip for isolation on there return if every one is that desperate to go.
Any one coming back it would be interesting to see what they would do with them take them directly to a hotel and put motor home in to storage
bill
And perhaps this will apply to the ones who are here now, we are seeing a fair amount of UK motorhomes around our part of Spain, we are aware that some have made a dash home in fear of Spain being added to the naughty Red list, but some who we are in contact with are staying put and are hoping for a change in arrival requirements.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Portugal is desperate for British visitors ( or at least their moneyšŸ˜€) -------but are extremely well aware of the risks------- the last couple of months have been really difficult------I really dont think most Portuguese are willing to risk a repeat šŸ˜„
I dont believe the Portugal government will take much notice of any other countries recommendations---- they are quite capable of making what they believe are the best decisions for the country-------I think they realise the mistake of easing all restrictions to allow a family xmas šŸ˜„
We are desperate to take our van for a run but have to be patient----- like our vaccination---- still only about 700 thousand had it----- but portugal are already planning to share their limited quota with old colonies..
My brother lives in Portugal, no one he knows including some very elderly have received their vaccination yet. The joke is with the shortage of vaccine, the only people to have received it are politicians and their families (including the 2nd within 2 weeks!)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back