UK to Spain Ferries Pet Cabin question (1 Viewer)

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
We have 2 dogs, can we have both of them with us in a pet-friendly cabin? Having gone Portsmouth-Bilbao a few years ago in a car we saw the onboard kennels and there's no way we'd put our 2 into them. Our Terrier loves to bark which is lucky as every other dog was barking all the time, however our Schnoodle hates barking and gets really scared when even just 1 dog barks near him, he also can't cope with being near more than 2 or 3 dogs maximum. I realise that the kennels have dividers between them so dogs can't see who might be in the next kennel but the whole thing would traumatise him.

We're between vans, but I'm just putting some thoughts together re European trips and it would be nice to know if its possible to do.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
We have 2 dogs, can we have both of them with us in a pet-friendly cabin? Having gone Portsmouth-Bilbao a few years ago in a car we saw the onboard kennels and there's no way we'd put our 2 into them. Our Terrier loves to bark which is lucky as every other dog was barking all the time, however our Schnoodle hates barking and gets really scared when even just 1 dog barks near him, he also can't cope with being near more than 2 or 3 dogs maximum. I realise that the kennels have dividers between them so dogs can't see who might be in the next kennel but the whole thing would traumatise him.

We're between vans, but I'm just putting some thoughts together re European trips and it would be nice to know if its possible to do.
Yes you can
I believe you book the pet friendly cabin with 1dog and ring them yo add the other.

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2018
Dunfermline, Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018

Attachments

• BE532EC3-E32D-43DB-81AF-CD88F4B28A82.jpeg
    BE532EC3-E32D-43DB-81AF-CD88F4B28A82.jpeg
    323.9 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
Mark and Mindy

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Yes that’s definitely correct …
Just phone!!
Or
Book one small And one Large kennel and put the dogs in large for company
We've seen the kennels and that won't work, no problem them being together but Harry can't cope with barking dogs, for instance when out walking he'll make a run for it if another dog barks at him.
I thought I'd ask here to see if anybody else had been able to have 2 dogs in the cabin rather than just the 1.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Our wee dog breaks his heart if we leave him alone anywhere except home, certainly wouldn't even leave him in the van at all unless he can see us.
We were up at Ballater in the summer and there was a dog crying in the caravan next door, it was awful to hear. He somehow managed to get up to the open window and got himself well and truly stuck, half in, half out. We went over to try and help get it back in or out, we were joined by a younger couple who brought their step. We managed to get the dog back in. I'm sure it must have been hurt. The owners came back soon after, they'd only been gone 30 minutes and had no idea that it would be an issue. :(
Our dog does limit us at times but we wouldn't be without him, he gives us so much pleasure, not to mention a lift if we're feeling down (y)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
In our experience you will have trouble getting a dog friendly cabin unless you book 12 months in advance? Never able to get one so always used tunnel and driven down through France😊

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only

We only book pet friendly cabins for out 2 woofers. Both are indoor pets not guard dogs used to outside weather conditions. Portsmouth to Bilbao or Santander.

Sep 22, 2020
Beaumont-cum-Moze
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Burford
Exp
A class American RVs and C class over 50 years

Forget going to Spain with pets via Portsmouth all the pet friendly cabins are booked until at least May/June 2022,if you want to go from October 2022 you better start planning now.

Dec 1, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Kon Tiki G649
Exp
2 years
If they are not too big you can have 2 dogs in one cabin. Came back a couple of months ago. Managed to get a cancellation so worth calling. Booked again for August next year but it’s 2 nights on the ferry now which is a bummer.

OP
OP
Mark and Mindy

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Forget going to Spain with pets via Portsmouth all the pet friendly cabins are booked until at least May/June 2022,if you want to go from October 2022 you better start planning now.
As it stands now we don't have a van, and waiting on delivery of the next, so we can plan but can't book anything, but that's given me something to add to my planning list. Thanks

Kozikot

Free Member
Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
Leaving Thursday for Santander, 2 Chuahua's in 1 Cabin, if they'd said no, I'd have put them in my Pockets :rofl: but knew they wouldn't as came back in Feb with them in 1 Cabin...

Mad dog

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2019
South West
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Once you put your pets in the cabin, what happens with regards to exercise & toilet needs?! Are you allowed out on deck?

Nov 21, 2010
Newark
Funster No
MH
hightop camper
Exp
15 years
Go through the tunnel and keep your dogs with you. No problems at all.

Aug 29, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class N & B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Go through the tunnel and keep your dogs with you. No problems at all.
Agree! Cheaper and more fun to drive. Also avoids that occasional rough crossing. However takes more time but the Poopdeck on the ferry is accessible and you meet the other dog owners.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back