Uk stickers Ukrainian (1 Viewer)

Nov 16, 2015
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
We've been settled in spain for 24 hours and been asked by the third person are we from the Ukraine..we did the right thing and placed uk number plate stickers over our gb ones and it's confusing alot of our European friends,when we explain it's boris's new law all is forgiven and the usual friendliness resumes,we have found north east spain very busy quite a few retired German and Dutch making up for lost time with spain being on the red list all last year for them.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Have I got it covered? šŸ¤”

995B79AB-EB67-414F-9E89-00425843D857.jpeg

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
We've been settled in spain for 24 hours and been asked by the third person are we from the Ukraine..we did the right thing and placed uk number plate stickers over our gb ones and it's confusing alot of our European friends,when we explain it's boris's new law all is forgiven and the usual friendliness resumes,we have found north east spain very busy quite a few retired German and Dutch making up for lost time with spain being on the red list all last year for them.
Interesting there really was no need to change from GB to UK but equally intriguing is the Ukraine Country sticker

Screenshot 2021-09-18 at 18.06.47.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 9, 2011
Cheshire / Vale De Parra
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55
Exp
Since 2011

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
UK is the correct desigination, officially we are The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Not yet it isnā€™t. It is not official until 28th September. We only recently applied to change from GB to UK.

OP
OP
Dungo
Nov 16, 2015
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Sadly no. In Spain you have to remove the GB variants. You canā€™t have both and in most of Europe you canā€™t use the European stars!

And you forgot your Angle Morts stickersā€¦ :giggler: :imoutahere:
Think angle morts is 3.5 ton and over I've got them in glovebox but not put them on been keeping an eye on the amount of motorhomes with them on and would say around 10% have complied

Attachments

• 1631986682263948448144290824198.jpg
    1631986682263948448144290824198.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 55

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Think angle morts is 3.5 ton and over I've got them in glovebox but not put them on been keeping an eye on the amount of motorhomes with them on and would say around 10% have complied
I know I was jesting. Weā€™re just back France and we didnā€™t see a single large French MoHo with the stickers. The only ones we saw were in larger Dutch Belgian and German vans.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Definitely covered there sapper like you it seems overkill but covering every angle for a peaceful journey
Cryptic clue re angles covered and overkill, 'cos the missing sticker seems to be the Angles Mort ... šŸ™„šŸ¤­

Steve

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
z not Boris 's Law, tiz the EU'S another senseless bit of red tape dreamed up by another braindead clown!
Tiz not Boris 's Law, tiz the EU'S another senseless bit of red tape dreamed up by another braindead clown!
Rubbish. UK Government made the change, nothing to do with EU. UK no longer EU member, so how could it impose the change? We have taken back control, remember?

Steve

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
You can have those but you still need the UK plate in Europe
Actually the governments website does not state you need a UK plate: this what it says:

On or after 28 September 2021​

You will need to display a UK sticker clearly on the rear of your vehicle if your number plate has any of the following:

• a GB identifier with the Union flag (also known as the Union Jack)
  • a Euro symbol
  • a national flag of England, Scotland or Wales
  • numbers and letters only - no flag or identifier
If your number plate includes the UK identifier with the Union flag (also known as the Union Jack), you do not need a UK sticker.

If youā€™re in Spain, Cyprus or Malta, you must display a UK sticker no matter what is on your number plate.

If you have a GB sticker, cover or remove it.

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
As I read that the only way you donā€™t need a UK Sticker is if you have a compliant UK number plate.

In Spain you do need one (and in Malta and Cyprus)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
UK is the correct desigination, officially we are The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. GB excludes Northern Ireland so is incorrect.
yes but when GB change to UK so as to incorporate Northern Ireland it is ludicrous that Northen Ireland are retaing GB?
Tiz not Boris 's Law, tiz the EU'S another senseless bit of red tape dreamed up by another braindead clown!
No it isn't nothing to do with the EU . GB trying to sweet talk NI .pity they are staying with GB.

Actually the governments website does not state you need a UK plate: this what it says:

On or after 28 September 2021​

You will need to display a UK sticker clearly on the rear of your vehicle if your number plate has any of the following:

• a GB identifier with the Union flag (also known as the Union Jack)
  • a Euro symbol
  • a national flag of England, Scotland or Wales
  • numbers and letters only - no flag or identifier
If your number plate includes the UK identifier with the Union flag (also known as the Union Jack), you do not need a UK sticker.

If youā€™re in Spain, Cyprus or Malta, you must display a UK sticker no matter what is on your number plate.

If you have a GB sticker, cover or remove it.
Reading that means everyting is disallowed as UK on the plate isn't sufficient for a 3rd country ,need the oval sticker anywhere.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
yes but when GB change to UK so as to incorporate Northern Ireland it is ludicrous that Northen Ireland are retaing GB?

No it isn't nothing to do with the EU . GB trying to sweet talk NI .pity they are staying with GB.

Reading that means everyting is disallowed as UK on the plate isn't sufficient for a 3rd country ,need the oval sticker anywhere.
Agreed but it also means you don't have to change the plates and why would I want to spend money on doing so when a simple sticker will suffice

GB was sufficient pre EU and during our membership so slightly curious as to why the politicians would want to spend time and money changing from GB to UK but I guess this is not the forum to put thoughts out there.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I got some very confused greeks and other nationalities last winter with my sco plates ....ill probably get more on my next trip because like the GB sticker i won't be displaying a uk one.

I might leave one on the glovebox for the very slim chance that anyone will ask about it but I won't be putting one on any van unless forced. 7 countries last year without a GB one and no one of any importance batted an eye so i doubt they will change over a uk one either. ...besides it will change again in 2023 so why waste money šŸ˜

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
GB was sufficient pre EU and during our membership so slightly curious as to why the politicians would want to spend time and money changing from GB to UK but I guess this is not the forum to put thoughts out there.
Should it happen that the northern part of Great Britain is no longer part of the United Kingdom, the UK plate will still be fine. It's not often this government can be congratulated for some forward planning.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
About the same amount of french MH's that have Crit D'air stickers then.

I've previously encountered foreign officials that think UK is Ukraine. We seem to have a lot of pointless and poorly thought through legislation this year. We'll soon be catching the French up :LOL:

btw, I won't be changing stickers anytime soon.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back