Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Brimham Rocks ; Rosedale Abbey: Staithes:
Yorkshire Dales near Warter; Whitby Yorkshire.

Cotswolds Farm Park; The Slaughters; Broadway;
Chipping Campden.

Just some of our favourite places.

Warter is situated in the Yorkshire Wolds not the Yorkshire Dales (y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It's a bit dull unless you are a bit of a nerd.

Grade 1, that's me.

Sherlock Holmes did a magnificent job in the film based on this. One of the most shameful bits of recent history, the man who saved thousands of lives driven to suicide because he was homosexual in a harmless way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
View media item 100Any of the Scottish isles, lots to see/do wild camp on or near stunning beaches, visit fantastic historic sites, Ring of Brogar, Skara Brae, Callinish stones to name a few,park virtually where you want, stop on the beach at Benbecula and watch the planes land on the beach !!
Lots of places to top up/empty your tanks and toilets, some cracking sites too !! and lots of different festivals , music for all tastes !!
But, importantly just come and see , you will never regret it.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
But the Italian lakes, now that is The Lake District. Sorry England, no comparison but a tad more convenient.
Lake Como, dying of pollution. Signs prohibiting swimming in case of infection. That's a long way to go just to get ill.:whistle:

Reactions: f6c
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
The garden at Stourhead, (Natt trust) particularly in Autumn, And you can take your dog at certain times.

IMG_2509.jpg
IMG_2506.jpg

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Grade 1, that's me.

Sherlock Holmes did a magnificent job in the film based on this. One of the most shameful bits of recent history, the man who saved thousands of lives driven to suicide because he was homosexual in a harmless way.
My last company (McAfee) sponsored the site so we got 'back stage' tours :)

Contrary to popular belief, hundreds of folk there deserve lots of credit, not just 1 :)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Grade 1, that's me.

After he was experimented on with castration drugs.......those responsible should have been imprisoned themselves.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
shri swaminarayan mandir.jpg
The Shri Swaminarayan Mandir Temple. Popularly known as the 'Neasden Temple'. Open most days and well worth a visit.
This impressive building was erected without using a single strand of metal in the structure in line with it's Hindu doctrine. Every stone was carved in India before being numbered and exported for erection on it's site just outside Wembly close to the famous Wembly Stadium. Entry is free and I think well worth a visit.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Is this the same one as was featured on TV yesterday?
It is indeed iandsm, the antiques road show was broadcast from the grounds of the temple yesterday. It was this that reminded me of it's existence. I've not been lately but I did see it during the building stage and a few times since.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back