UK Driving Licence Maybe Not Valid in EU (Guardian) (1 Viewer)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
I'm amazed at how many UK vehicles don't have EU plates or have tat with obscure flags on ?

But the Vienna convention on Treaties also states that what is done & legally in place, I.E permanent resident foreign citizens , cannot be undone but they've managed to throw that out Then it will be all downhill as we go down the no imports to the UK or exports out, No flights over EU airspace ,no ferry, tunnel etc; etc;
yes lots have scottish flags or welsh flags . there are places down here that do them with cornish flags ,
i,m like you see them and they havnt got gb stickers but get away with it. i like to use proper gb sticker .

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i was listening to the radio today and the analogy used to describe the ridiculousness of the threats was "when a friend gives up his golf club membership you dont go out and slash his tyres cos his leaving".

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
So do I panicking or do i just chill I don't think it will be much difrance from what it is now should still be a bill to smugel my 50 sumalys a trip
Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Shame, but we've done it before.

Another example as to why we actually need to get out of the EU, robbing, spiteful politics.
Another reason we should never have voted to leave ( oh, hang on, I didn’t)
More red tape and hoops to jump through to enable us to do what we’ve been doing for the last 40 odd years...
Bl**dy Brexidiots

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Cant see that happening as all those Holiday makers either stay home or go further afield and all those EU Countries implode.
Just won't happen will it.

The UK can start supporting itself reducing imports from the EU then.

Would I be correct in saying the ferries are mainly French owned, so more job losses.

Starting to look a sorry state for the EU in my opinion :)
But what will you be eating ? & why would the EU have any interest in job losses as long as it wasn't theirs ?

i was listening to the radio today and the analogy used to describe the ridiculousness of the threats was "when a friend gives up his golf club membership you dont go out and slash his tyres cos his leaving".
You would do when he didn't want to pay the subs that had been agreed on for the foreseeable future.
Anyway the analogy isn't correct it is more like the cosa nostra where leaving, or wanting to, gets you the horses head.:)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
But what will you be eating ? & why would the EU have any interest in job losses as long as it wasn't theirs ?

I would be eating home grown food along with what we import from other Countries than the EU.

They wouldn't be too happy when they loose their gravy train when it all implodes due to EU Countries having high un employment.

Aug 28, 2017
Leicester
Funster No
MH
None at the mo.
More red tape and hoops to jump through to enable us to do what we’ve been doing for the last 40 odd years...
Bl**dy Brexidiots
So I take it you actually voted?

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Bl**dy Brexidiots
Another Marie Antoinette I see:)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Bl**dy Brexidiots

Is there a particular reason that you don't want to apply to be a french citizen?

genuine question, no malice intended.

Jon

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The same for number plates at the moment we use Euro plates that can only be used by member states so when we leave they will be illegal in Europe .

How long before we see fines being issued for illegal number plates in EU members states . Back to normal plates and GB stickers .

The sooner the Better, The ONLY requirement for Vehicles from outside the EU is the display an indication of your country of registration. I covered the EU "Badge" on my new plate with a St Georges Cross Decal. IF I decide to cross the ENGLISH channel, I will put a proper GB disk on.

Anyway the analogy isn't correct it is more like the cosa nostra where leaving, or wanting to, gets you the horses head.:)

You are probably quite right, The Brussels Mafia, are already showing their true colours. "I maka you da offer, you don`t a refuse".

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing

So why the Bitching? You voted, You Lost, Suck it up and get on with it.

I turn on the tube and what do I see
A whole lotta people cryin' "Don't blame me"
They point their crooked little fingers at everybody else
Spend all their time feelin' sorry for themselves
Victim of this, victim of that
Your momma's too thin; your daddy's too fat
Get over it
Get over it
All this whinin' and cryin' and pitchin' a fit
Get over it, get over it

Credit The Eagles.

Aug 28, 2017
Leicester
Funster No
MH
None at the mo.
You're trying to be funny, they need to know where we are trying to get to before they can try to stop us.
Not being funny at all ,the total opposite,time and time again the government have said what they would like and then the eu say no ,and then they come up with more obstacles,obviously that is going by what is said and reported in the media,none of us know what is said behind close doors do we .

Tom2023

Free Member
Mar 20, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Hymer B754
How about requiring all EU lorry drivers to retake their HGV test in the UK and get a UK licence. That should shut Barnier & Juncker up,

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
How about requiring all EU lorry drivers to retake their HGV test in the UK and get a UK licence. That should shut Barnier & Juncker up,
Why would it ? The reply ,if it was down to me , would be "what lorries" tunnel & ferries are stopped.:)

I would be eating home grown food along with what we import from other Countries than the EU.

They wouldn't be too happy when they loose their gravy train when it all implodes due to EU Countries having high un employment.

Apart from the fact that the UK only produces 47% of the food that it consumes at present & the amount produced is still continuing to fall.
Additionally most of the east coast suppliers own huge amounts of land both here & next door in Andalucia from where they supply the shortfall & out of season produce to the UK.
For the last 2 years the spanish along with the Uk producers here have been finding alternative customers for when the inevitable comes & they cannot deliver into the Uk for whatever reason/time period.

You seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that both the UK government & the EU hierarchy actually have any interest in the people that they are supposed to represent ? They don't,none whatsoever . All this is to them is a fight to the bitter end & whatever the outcome none of it will affect them.

Aug 28, 2017
Leicester
Funster No
MH
None at the mo.
Why would it ? The reply ,if it was down to me , would be "what lorries" tunnel & ferries are stopped.:)

Apart from the fact that the UK only produces 47% of the food that it consumes at present & the amount produced is still continuing to fall.
Additionally most of the east coast suppliers own huge amounts of land both here & next door in Andalucia from where they supply the shortfall & out of season produce to the UK.
For the last 2 years the spanish along with the Uk producers here have been finding alternative customers for when the inevitable comes & they cannot deliver into the Uk for whatever reason/time period.

You seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that both the UK government & the EU hierarchy actually have any interest in the people that they are supposed to represent ? They don't,none whatsoever . All this is to them is a fight to the bitter end & whatever the outcome none of it will affect them.
Totally agree neither side gives a sh...t about the common person,power corrupts whoever it maybe.

Tom2023

Free Member
Mar 20, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Hymer B754
Some people seem to be under the impression that we rely on the EU for food. We don't.

Food from outside the EU has large tariffs applied to it to protect FU farmers. If you recall we gave up part of our rebate in exchange for CAP reforms that never materialised.

Once outside the EU we can buy cheap food from Africa. When we do maybe those people won't have to risk their lives in dinghys to find work in the EU!

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child

uk hasnt been feeding its self for years even way before ww2 , thats why uk went out and got its empire .
but it will never get it back again . but will be doing greater buying from old empire countries . plans are already being made in the food industry. buying from spain and holland will be not happening as much as it does now . lots will lose their jobs in eu.
mind lots of spanish busness,s have been moving to morocco getting ready for the change .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
they just get international driving permit . mind many might already have them for going into other countries outside eu.

Last edited:

Tom2023

Free Member
Mar 20, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Hymer B754
they just get international priving permit . mind many might already have them for going into other countries outside eu.

We could always stop recognising all foreign driving permits and licenses. Show the EU if they #&#£ with us we will #&#£ with them.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
We could always stop recognising all foreign driving permits and licenses. Show the EU if they #&#£ with us we will #&#£ with them.
that would not be a sensible idea as its not only eu drivers come here or us go to their countries .
some things are world wide agreements . no point in citting our noses off to spite our face.
leave is leave . but only the eu we arent leaving the world .

Tom2023

Free Member
Mar 20, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Hymer B754
that would not be a sensible idea as its not only eu drivers come here or us go to their countries .
some things are world wide agreements . no point in citting our noses off to spite our face.
leave is leave . but only the eu we arent leaving the world .

The EU needs to know if they #&£# with us we will #&£# with them.

Aug 18, 2009
essex
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick Duo
Exp
I am fed up with all the downs .WE are British there fore no matter what comes we will over come.

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
yes lots have scottish flags or welsh flags . there are places down here that do them with cornish flags ,
i,m like you see them and they havnt got gb stickers but get away with it. i like to use proper gb sticker .
Certainly national flags are quite legal though if you do have them you need a GB sticker abroad,

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Certainly national flags are quite legal though if you do have them you need a GB sticker abroad,
yes but many havnt been following the rules . thats why gus mentioned it .
many obscure where or didnt have the gb little bit on their number plates .

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
What really makes me laugh,about Brexiteers, is the belief that somehow we (being the British people) will be regaining control or "sovereignty" as you put it, over our lives. Yeah right..........

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back