UK citizen resident in EU but subject to 90/180 Rule (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I am UK Citizen and have a Polish Residency card, but am still subject to the Schengen 90 in 180 day rule for travel outside Poland.

I have just completed a 5 week trip driving/ferry down to Greece, and back by air.

We transited Slowakia, Austria, Italy into Greece.

We had vaccination certificate checks entering Greece and returning by air to Poland, but no passport checks and therefore no stamps.

So at the moment my passport record shows no days in Schengen counting to the 90 days.

Of course if the authorities wanted to check ferry records etc they could assess how long I had spent outside Poland, not that there is any likelihood of my exceeding 90 days this year.

I just report this as my experience so far.

Geoff

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We as Spanish residents wouldn't expect our passports to be stamped...also I wouldn't offer to any Schengen border control anything other than my TIE card to identify me as a EU resident...if they asked for a passport I would offer it but insist that it didn't get stamped as per the WA...

OP
OP
N
Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We as Spanish residents wouldn't expect our passports to be stamped...also I wouldn't offer to any Schengen border control anything other than my TIE card to identify me as a EU resident...if they asked for a passport I would offer it but insist that it didn't get stamped as per the WA...

Agreed.

I think the internal Schengen system is not really interested in the likes of us, unless we do something wrong.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Also not really interested with french , Spanish or any other EU plates

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I believe that when/if they scan the passport one's details are stored on a database and therefore the immigration staff have no need to physically stamp it.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
I had my national ID card in the passport and my wife the residency certificate in the passport. This year end of March got stamped at Hungarian border and French border into UK. Next time I will cross with the ID, but, going out of UK I have to use a passport, the blue one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
I believe that when/if they scan the passport one's details are stored on a database and therefore the immigration staff have no need to physically stamp it.
True but there are normally no checks whatsoever on internal Schengen borders.
In effect the 90/180 day rule is virtually impossible to police for residents of EU/Schengen countries.
Exactly the same as it was for us as UK citizens and residents before Bxxxsxxt.

OP
OP
N
Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
True but there are normally no checks whatsoever on internal Schengen borders.
In effect the 90/180 day rule is virtually impossible to police for residents of EU/Schengen countries.
Exactly the same as it was for us as UK citizens and residents before Bxxxsxxt.

My OP was just to confirm that situation even though Covid checks are taking place.

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back