UK Campsites are Filling Up (1 Viewer)

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
You could try the site I’m on. I have a seasonal pitch here in sunny Narfuk.
That sounds interesting thank you. Could you please tell me how far away from the sea is it?
Thanks.

Reactions: DBK
Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Just to put another slant on this ,booked up thing,
I have just looked on this site and they appear to have vacancies all year.
Nothing to do with me but worth a look if you are stuck.
Good call chaser l had a look, quiet site, Peak District, fair price, so booked a couple of nights at the end of May so I can ride my bike.
It looks like they have a few spaces throughout the next few months.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 31, 2013
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
Just out of Holmfirth is the Rising Sun Farm CCC site.
Very peaceful very friendly accommodating owners. Can well recommend. well situated for walking and good views.
They have plenty of bookings available. Ring Kelly Lees. 07899 842195

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
It’s about 45 mins away. Near Snetterton. I’ll ask tomorrow if they’re expecting to open when the lockdown eases.
Thanks. I know that area a little.....used to go to the race track there years ago. We’re looking for sites near the the sea usually.

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
After hearing all the prophesies about problems getting into sites, for the first time ever we've booked sites ahead of setting off. After a few failed attempts at getting sites near the sea, we looked inland with more luck. As we live on an island we don't really need to be by the sea but prefer to be. However, we found plenty of lovely places and now realise we probably miss out by not exploring inland. So we're off on 12th April and keeping everything crossed that nothing happens to stop us🙂🙂🙂🙂 it's going to be very different from our usual approach of meandering about where our fancy takes us but we're just sooooooooo happy to be able to get going 🙂🙂🙂

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
However, we found plenty of lovely places and now realise we probably miss out by not exploring inland.
I spent several years boating and got to know many coastal areas. It was only after I sold my last boat and bought a motorhome I realised how much there was to see and visit inland.

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Isn’t it the case that lots of people book on CMC sites but never turn up,or cancel nearer the booking time?
People do cancel nearer the booking time if the weather forecast for that time looks grim.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Warning! It should be noted that this Aire has a bridge limit of 3.5 tonnes to access it according to one of the reviews?
Can't say I noticed that, but we're under 3.5 anyway.

In the pictures from the link a tag axle thingy can clearly be seen, over 3.5 I'd think.

Jul 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Apart from medical equipment, I can't see why there is anyone who couldn't manage a couple of nights without any other sort of power than the leisure battery.
And the addition of a solar panel would mean that would extend to a week.
Because we don't want to " manage " ? And prefer the easy option

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If this weekend is anything to go by we wont be allowed out on the 12th. Mothers day mixing and supermarkets rammed to the rafters infection rate bound to increase. I hope not but think its inevitable.
The infections might rise and probably will after the schools opened this week but with the vaccine the numbers falling seriously ill are expected to plummet - it seems to happening already.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
If this weekend is anything to go by we wont be allowed out on the 12th. Mothers day mixing and supermarkets rammed to the rafters infection rate bound to increase. I hope not but think its inevitable.
The infection rate will increase without a doubt but the daily death figures and hospital admissions remain low . Are you aware of how well the vaccine roll out is working ?

Last edited:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Hence the 5 week gap... gives the scientific bods a chance to see what effect the easing of each restriction has before allowing the next...
Dates aren't fixed, they're "no earlier than"

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Fully aware of the vaccine doing well and more aware of the complete lack of social distancing and supermarkets full to overflowing off the back of the vaccine doing so well people have given up and dont care thats what my comments were based on.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Fully aware of the vaccine doing well and more aware of the complete lack of social distancing and supermarkets full to overflowing off the back of the vaccine doing so well people have given up and dont care thats what my comments were based on.
You're right, this seems to be happening.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019

I actually think that’s positive if people are mixing as much as you say and still only 52 deaths today . That’s amazing to think we are starting to get back to normal will soon be able to mix with friends and family without putting any extra strain on the NHS 👍🏻
Brilliant

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I actually think that’s positive if people are mixing as much as you say and still only 52 deaths today . That’s amazing to think we are starting to get back to normal will soon be able to mix with friends and family without putting any extra strain on the NHS 👍🏻
Brilliant
Trouble is that the effects of today's lax attitude to SD & mixing, won't show up for at least two weeks.

"Only" 52 deaths are the result of lockdown.
We still have a week before we'll know what the March 8th return to school will have on infection rates... and probably a couple of weeks after that before any changes feed through to hospitalisation and deaths.

So vaccination & the drop in deaths is fantastic news... it's still a couple of weeks until we see if its enough.

Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
It won't come as a surprise I suspect but if anyone has plans to use any UK campsites this year they need to book soon.
Just booked two campsites in Scotland today and will book some more tomorrow seems to be lots of spaces one is East coast one is West coast.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back