UK Campsites are Filling Up (3 Viewers)

Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
Hi I booked in January, Cornwall, Dorset, New Forest in July. Cumbria, North Lancs, Cheshire in August. Had no prob booking then. Have kids so need to book in School holidays thought best to book early, all the sites have a full refund policy in case of Covid restrictions.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Yes it is, and the CMC know this, the main reason we joined the C&CC.
We're letting our C&CC membership lapse this year. We've got a week to tour NE Scotland and the C&CC no longer allow you to book single nights, minimum of two nights.
We managed to book 5 single nights on CMC sites and two on independent sites in July. A minimum of two nights is fine if you're not tied by the shackles of work with very limited time off.
I probable rejoin when I retire.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
We're letting our C&CC membership lapse this year. We've got a week to tour NE Scotland and the C&CC no longer allow you to book single nights, minimum of two nights.
We managed to book 5 single nights on CMC sites and two on independent sites in July. A minimum of two nights is fine if you're not tied by the shackles of work with very limited time off.
I probable rejoin when I retire.
We rarely stay on club sites, we use the THS or CS most of the time, so can stay as long or short as we wish.

I thought it was certain sites at certain times of the year that only allowed two nights.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
We rarely stay on club sites, we use the THS or CS most of the time, so can stay as long or short as we wish.

I thought it was certain sites at certain times of the year that only allowed two nights.
We left C&CC last year for the same reason. 2 nights minimum across the board, which just didn't work for us since we were often on the way down to Newhaven to catch the Dieppe ferry. 2 extra days' effectively 'killing time' just adds extra time and expense to the journey.

Steve

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Two years ago we went 'home' to Scotland for a 10 day tour and stopped at the C&CC site at Moffat for one night both ways to break the journey, we also stayed one night at Rosemarkie. When we tried to do the same this year we couldn't. When I checked their website, the only site in Scotland we could stay one night at was Dingwall which was a big surprise to us :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back