Nov 10, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Started in 2013
Hi,
Most of our traveling with our van conversion has been around Europe but with Covid and restrictions on Euro travel not going away any time soon we thought that we would join a UK campsite group or two.
Looking for advice on the best ones to join, we like to tour rather than stay, so usually one or two nights at each site, not keen on wild camping although we do like using Aires and we have used the France Passion stops a lot. We also have never booked to stay anywhere!
So If you have any recommendations on groups or clubs to use in the UK we would very much appreciate your views.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
The other "big" one being Camping and Caravanning Club.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Britstops is the UK equivalent of France Passion - for a modest sum you get quite a large handbook of businesses who have agreed to "host" m/homes, usually free but sometimes at a small fee or purchase such as drinks/meal in a pub.

Have you thought about CL's or CS's, the smaller 5-van sites organised by the two big clubs?

On more than one occasion we've just stopped at a pub with a decent carpark and asked, in exchange for having a meal, we could stay overnight - never been refused.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Hi,
Most of our traveling with our van conversion has been around Europe but with Covid and restrictions on Euro travel not going away any time soon we thought that we would join a UK campsite group or two.
Looking for advice on the best ones to join, we like to tour rather than stay, so usually one or two nights at each site, not keen on wild camping although we do like using Aires and we have used the France Passion stops a lot. We also have never booked to stay anywhere!
So If you have any recommendations on groups or clubs to use in the UK we would very much appreciate your views.
I hope you have an end lounge if you want to be a UK camper....oh and a set of cards and a cross stitch set:imoutahere:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I imagine you have visited almost every square inch of the UK and enjoyed it to the max, if you think there is so little to amuse anyone they need to do as you suggest?

Personally there's shedloads of the UK neither of us has visited yet but there again we're only 70 so there's time!

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
Spring/ Summer/ Autumn the Camping and Caravanning club run Temporary Holiday sites. These may suit your touring style better. They tend to be in schools, sports clubs etc and therefore are better located than most sites as they are in the resort itself. Basic facilities more like an aire no ehu usually and cheaper. Ideal for touring as a motorhome.

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Hope this helps, the last list Jim posted contained Motorhome Fun CLs in the following areas, hopefully full details will be posted by Jim shortly.

1 Bamford, Derbyshire.
2 Brook, Hampshre.
3 Broome, Suffolk.
4 Bacton, Norwich.
5 Sutton On Sea, Lincolnshire.
6 Darnholm North Yorkshire.
7 Paignton, Devon.
8 Marnhull, Dorset.
9 Glastonbury, Somerset.
10 Old Sodbury, South Gloucestershire.
11 Jedburgh, Roxburghshire.

Any one claim to have visited all of them yet??????????

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Quakers said, And don't forget Motorhome Fun has 11 CL sites scattered around the UK to explore !!
Oops, is see all MHF Cl's are in England ! not Britain !!
Never mind I will have a word with local council and see if the can maybe provide one for the funsters, have contacted them re a few locations that I think are suitable places to hold a rally or to have regular visitors to the town.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
The Badgers have the Old Sun Campsite, but I've looked on website and no availability showing for next year yet.

Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
I hope you have an end lounge if you want to be a UK camper....oh and a set of cards and a cross stitch set:imoutahere:
Must be missing out as I don't have any of the above. Perhaps I could borrow yours.
Second thoughts don't bother, I'm too busy doing the same as Sedge!

Mar 15, 2020
Broome, Bungay, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
8 years
The Badgers have the Old Sun Campsite, but I've looked on website and no availability showing for next year yet.
I'll update that now!! Sorry. if anyone wants to stay over the winter months give us a call but we put it as unavailable as we turn off the water to the site toilet and shower but there is still drinking water and somewhere to empty chemical toilet available.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Cos of the weather. Wasnt meant to offend. There are indeed some great UK places and also sites. It's just that we have had so many holidays ruined by weather.

I believe that's why UK motorhomes generally have more space dedicated to indoor living and continental vans tend to be geared up for outdoor living, with garages etc.

When we go away we get through England as fast as we can to get to the ferry. Just to get some decent weather and away from the crowds.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Quakers said, And don't forget Motorhome Fun has 11 CL sites scattered around the UK to explore !!
Oops, is see all MHF Cl's are in England ! not Britain !!
Never mind I will have a word with local council and see if the can maybe provide one for the funsters, have contacted them re a few locations that I think are suitable places to hold a rally or to have regular visitors to the town.
Has Jedburgh been movedšŸ˜‚

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Nice one Gerry, just beat me to it !!!!,

I hope that your keeping well and enjoying life as much as one can at the moment,

Ken :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
Hi Ken, nice to hear from you. Yes we're doing as well as can be expected in these different times, hope you are well and keeping safe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back