UK C1 licence (1 Viewer)

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Apply to renew when your licence has less than 90to run. It will then be dated from when your current one runs out. Any earlier it will renew from the date recived. I am now 14 weeks and waiting, having had it returned as I didn’t send a current photo. You photo runs our from the date at 4b on your licence. The photo rules are to me a bit unclear. 70 or over there is no charge to renew your photo.

OP
OP
Lemut

Lemut

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 18, 2020
Redditch, UK
Funster No
MH
Class C
As you already have C1 on your existing licence then do not, under any circumstances post your old licence off to DVLA when applying for your new one. New ones have been known to come back missing groups and without your old licence you have no proof.
you only need a medical and the correct form and that should be it. Ignore the doom and gloom merchants, mine took 9 days from posting off to new licence arriving and that included dropping my C but keeping C1.
Hi, thank you so much for pointing that out. Noted and will do.
Thanks again,
Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Apply to renew when your licence has less than 90to run. It will then be dated from when your current one runs out. Any earlier it will renew from the date recived. I am now 14 weeks and waiting, having had it returned as I didn’t send a current photo. You photo runs our from the date at 4b on your licence. The photo rules are to me a bit unclear. 70 or over there is no charge to renew your photo.
Mine was within the 90 day period and the date on the license was the day of the test not the renewal date?

Jul 2, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Adria 690 Platinum
Exp
Ex Caravan owner now a Motorhome owner since November 2020
Hi All,
Thank you so much for all your help.
Overwhelmed by the support from you all and the mist has cleared now.
Thanks again,
Graham
Hi Graham.
I had to renew my C1 in June so sent all paperwork in mid March, (as i had medical conditions ) I had to send all med. history in as well., they finally at the end of May sent a request to resend all paperwork in again, ( luckily I had copied all ) at the renewal date still never heard any thing from DVLA, so I got in touch with my local MP who chased them up, finally got my renewal back in Mid August dated from August, DVLA have been on strike nearly every other week, so its taking longer to process licences with Med condition, ( I never sent old licence back )

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Mine was within the 90 day period and the date on the license was the day of the test not the renewal date?

Last December I put my application in, within the 90 days but with more than 56 days left on the expiring license. I got the new one back in January dated from 1st March, when the old one was due to expire. It seems that getting the application to them in the first 34 days of the 90 day window not only saves having to supply a new photo but gives you continuity of dates.

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
Used D4Drivers - very efficient
I had just had an eye test previous month and he was more than happy to fill in D4
-medic was grateful it was filled
I was also very pleasantly surprised at the return speed about a month
i also found it difficult to understand whether or not I needed to send £17
so I did send a cheque
but they sent it back!
my partner is being careful to start the process 56 days

OP
OP
Lemut

Lemut

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 18, 2020
Redditch, UK
Funster No
MH
Class C
Hi Graham.
I had to renew my C1 in June so sent all paperwork in mid March, (as i had medical conditions ) I had to send all med. history in as well., they finally at the end of May sent a request to resend all paperwork in again, ( luckily I had copied all ) at the renewal date still never heard any thing from DVLA, so I got in touch with my local MP who chased them up, finally got my renewal back in Mid August dated from August, DVLA have been on strike nearly every other week, so its taking longer to process licences with Med condition, ( I never sent old licence back )
Hi K,
You have just got to love government departments. Sigh. Hopefully you are enjoying your new stamp on your ticket to the full :giggle:
G

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Hi All,
I currently have a C1 rating on my licence but I'm rapidly approaching the age where I needed to renew it to keep driving my MH. I know I needed to take the test, medical and train etc but do I need to apply for the provisional licence none C1 rated drivers need?
I can't find any information on an age forced renewal- anybody got a link? I'm assuming (probably wrongly) that my current licence rating covers that base but can anyone tell me the timeline of when I need to apply to the DLVC and with what in the run up to my 70th?
Thanks
Apply in PLENTY of time if you need it to drive abroad, DVLA are painfully slow....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back