UK border control (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes a plank with a couple of concrete bocks for legs and you used to get choked by fag smoke.
Strangely enough very happy days as we used to enjoy our work no pressure just hard work.?
Yeah best days of my life after family, just left school just into the sixties everything changing , best of all it was an extension to a girls high school, man it was heaven.

Husky

Free Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 714SB
Exp
Since March 2017
In a nut shell the vehicle has the potential of not being insured as the vehicle HAS been MODIFIED but insurers not aware of it.

In a 3rd party liability claim, insurers may deal with claim but subrogate back to policy holder i.e. get their money back for non disclosure.

Crickey, what's the problem. It's only a phone call to insurers.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Don't panic anyone, it's another "five-free-poster" sailed into the sunset

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
As a passenger could I be held liable for anything or is it just the owner?
Ask yourself this question
If we had an accident And I collided into another person in the van causing their death would I be charged with manslaughter/murder?
What was your answer?

Loadofmischief

Free Member
Jun 30, 2019
Great Britain
Funster No
MH
Kon-tiki 649
Exp
Since 2010
My friend has a converted camper van and has put some additional seats in it to accomodate for a group of us going to france via dover. He hasn't bothered to update hus v5 document and I'm not sure how the vehicle is insured. Does anyone know if the v5 etc is checked at either the uk or French border? I'm worried we won't won't be able to cross and it will ruin the holiday for everyone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Loadofmischief

Free Member
Jun 30, 2019
Great Britain
Funster No
MH
Kon-tiki 649
Exp
Since 2010
When I towed a caravan many years ago, Border Control pulled me over, demanded all my shopping receipts, vehicle V5, insurance certificate, passports, driving licence and a whole host of anything they could think of. The vehicle in front of me was Bulgarian with blacked-out windows and was waved through!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back