LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Our only gripe with the Burstner has been lack of lounge capabilities. Then I got this inspired idea. Make a U shaped lounge. Here it is. It lets one of us have a proper feet up lounge, while the other does the same on the driver's seat.

Perfection.

Attachments

• u1.jpg
    u1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 131
  • u2.jpg
    u2.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 124

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We do a similar thing. Usually use a small collapsible table to support cushions between the dinette seats. Pulling the (bed extension) end out of one of the dinette seats provides a support for cushions for anyone using the side bench seat.

Graham

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
but Brian.....the dinette cushions are blue with white bits......you're in the negative again....yours is white with blue-ish bits

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Your right, Brian. A few adjustments work wonders. When at Knutsford, Nikki and I decided that the Burtner 821 was not good to buy just now (despite me loving it) we really liked the extra lounging space. I have therefore removed our massive cumbersome table and placed a small table from the back dinette and the extra space is amazing. I have now a fold away table should we need it. :thumb:
I have re-upholstered the bedroom, swapped for a toad and bingo, loads of extra room and storage for a fraction of the cost.:thumb:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Your right, Brian. A few adjustments work wonders.

We've looked at dozens of vans at shows, always "Wow Great" and always "Christ how could they be so stupid".

Some folk just keep chasing the Holy Grail spending a fortune.

So if we can solve the defects without losing the assets then we have found the Holy Grail.

End of the month at Silverstone will be the first trial.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back