Not open for further replies.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks cutey, but still get the " you do not have permission to view this" message ...sob.....sob....I'm a 2nd class funster!:)
Oh dear.......never mind....have you asked Jim???? Although bet he's tied up at Malvern....or do as the Dux says ???? Somebody ought to sometimes;) :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Don't get me started!:)

IPhone BLAH! Have you seen the YouTube video where someone installs bog standard android in an iPhone? And introduce it as IOS 9
And everyone raves about it?lol
Apple? BLAH!:)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Gerrymandering and Lady Porter comes to mind..............

OP
OP
gazza280

gazza280

Free Member
Sep 26, 2012
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I haven't been able to get ushaped lounge for 2 months.
I now use another computer but still can't get it.
Seems like I'm not the only one!!!

I had begun to think that I had been banned!!!

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
You are all sure you haven't turned it off yourself, aren't you?

Hover on your name in the top menu bar (click the box with three lines if your name doesn't show), then select 'Ignore new Posts'.

You then get a page where you can select which sub-forums you can see.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

Hover on your name in the top menu bar (click the box with three lines if your name doesn't show), then select 'Ignore new Posts'.

Maybe:)

But dont want it it appearing in recent? Just want to be able to look at it occasionally. Can't do much on phone anyway.....

OP
OP
gazza280

gazza280

Free Member
Sep 26, 2012
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I understand that the ushaped lounge is under the Full timer heading in the forum home, what I can't understand is why the home education sub thread there's only 7 posts in there since 2009.

Done that there is no ushaped lounge in there either!!
Emptied cache, logged off and then on, bought new computer still can't get ushaped lounge.
However my friend who recently joined can get it no problem which is why I as so pissed off about it.

So are we banned, server problem, or what??? There is nobody that can tell us apparently!!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Are you possibly banned from the U shaped Lounge and confined to the other sub forums?

I think I read a post from Jim threatening to do that to someone, so it must be possible.

Perhaps ask @Jim

OP
OP
gazza280

gazza280

Free Member
Sep 26, 2012
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Are you possibly banned from the U shaped Lounge and confined to the other sub forums?

I think I read a post from Jim threatening to do that to someone, so it must be possible.

Perhaps ask @Jim

Done that a few times

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have no trouble getting into the U Shaped Lounge...

... because I have tidied it all up...

20150813_194240.jpg

JJ :cool:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)

Ignore me.

That doesn't stop you seeing the U shaped lounge, it only stops it's new posts appearing in Recent & New.

OP
OP
gazza280

gazza280

Free Member
Sep 26, 2012
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I thought that this forum was one of a good community but it seems that if you don't go along with the party line and disagree with things that a lot of members seem to believe you run the risk of being banned.
Even without the courtesy of a reason.
It seems freedom of speech is not recognized and if you have the slightest bit of descent then you are not welcome.
I have made posts about disagreeing with Tory policies and other right wing thoughts and I have had many a good debate with other members, but I always thought that the forum was about fairness and free speech.
When someone shares a thought that I disagree with then why shouldn't I reply to the post.
However since early July, I cannot do searches, I cannot view the ushaped lounge, and there are many other things that I am no longer able to do. In effect I have been banned without an explanation or right of reply.
I have tried to talk to Jim who does not answer any of my requests.
If anything this only goes to show that thus forum does not want debate or free speech.

I finally realized today that if you can't access parts of the forum like ushaped lounge or some other parts of the site, it is because the ability to allow access is if you are granted permission from the moderator of the site.
If you can't get ushaped lounge the only reason that I can see is because you have been banned.
I only found this out by signing in as another member and having full access.
None of my settings have changed and are the same as another member who can fully access this site.
I have been a champion of this site for a long time. I have told other motorhomers about the comradeship, community, help and advise that this site gives.
I never thought that this sort of censorship would happen on this site but sadly I am wrong.

I have finally got the message even though nobody had the decency to discuss the reasons why I have been banned. Even though I have asked.

I DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE but it is clear that I or my left wing ilk are not wanted. I will miss this site. I will miss the debates, I will miss the jokes, the advice, the banter with other members.

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
I thought that this forum was one of a good community but it seems that if you don't go along with the party line and disagree with things that a lot of members seem to believe you run the risk of being banned.
Even without the courtesy of a reason.
It seems freedom of speech is not recognized and if you have the slightest bit of descent then you are not welcome.
I have made posts about disagreeing with Tory policies and other right wing thoughts and I have had many a good debate with other members, but I always thought that the forum was about fairness and free speech.
When someone shares a thought that I disagree with then why shouldn't I reply to the post.
However since early July, I cannot do searches, I cannot view the ushaped lounge, and there are many other things that I am no longer able to do. In effect I have been banned without an explanation or right of reply.
I have tried to talk to Jim who does not answer any of my requests.
If anything this only goes to show that thus forum does not want debate or free speech.

I finally realized today that if you can't access parts of the forum like ushaped lounge or some other parts of the site, it is because the ability to allow access is if you are granted permission from the moderator of the site.
If you can't get ushaped lounge the only reason that I can see is because you have been banned.
I only found this out by signing in as another member and having full access.
None of my settings have changed and are the same as another member who can fully access this site.

I have been a champion of this site for a long time. I have told other motorhomers about the comradeship, community, help and advise that this site gives.
I never thought that this sort of censorship would happen on this site but sadly I am wrong.

I have finally got the message even though nobody had the decency to discuss the reasons why I have been banned. Even though I have asked.

I DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE but it is clear that I or my left wing ilk are not wanted. I will miss this site. I will miss the debates, I will miss the jokes, the advice, the banter with other members.
You and me both mate.

My subs are just due for renewal and I find myself asking similar questions, I think I have gained a similar amount of knowledge on the motorhome front as I have shared - which is how it should be, certainly got plenty of likes, but definitely feel if your views are slightly to the left of atila the hun then the immediate response is eviction from the lounge.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
So it's all a right wing conspiracy:rolleyes:

@fastpat you are well aware that your political leanings have nothing to do with you being able to see the u shaped lounge. I wrote and told you twice that if your behaviour in there (constant bickering and getting personal) didn't change then you would not be able to see it. Rather than accept that you argued the toss.

@webby1. As I explained to you last year; your posting style in that forum got you banned from it. Nothing to do with your political persuasion. You can't help getting personal when you debate so it's better your not there, argue nicely or not at all.

@gazza280 I have no idea why you cannot see that particular forum since the software upgrade. had I banned you from it I would have told you, just like I told the others above. If the other profile you created works then use that and I will transfer your subs to it.

Thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back