Free Member
Jan 2, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
4 years
Hi my partner and I are very keen motorhomers, exploring as much of Europe as we can on our journies to our other home on Corfu Greece. HOWEVER it is now time to be fitting new tyres. At the moment we have Continental Vanco Camper tyres as fitted by Elddis. Is there a better tyre we could fit in regard to fuel economy, road noise and rain handling? Your advice would be appreciated

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I find the Vanco tyres to be up to the job, haven't considered changing brands.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
There have in the past been many questions and answers as to which tyre is best.
The VancoCamper is one of the most recognised tyres for Motorhomes but the argument centres around price, noise and anti-skid properties.
Some say buy the cheapest tyre as wearing it out is unlikely in the tyres lifespan.
As there is no definitive answer, if you look at a number of tyre suppliers, quite often they will include such factors as fuel efficiency, road noise, skid resistance and price. I found the quieter the tyre, the less grip it had on the road but with these 'factoids' in front of you, you should be as good as the rest of us at making an informed selection.

OP
OP
Janiemou

Janiemou

Free Member
Jan 2, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
4 years
I think we will replace with Continental Campco 4 season. Anyone know of a supplier around Cardiff, Wrexham or central belt of Scotland.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Contact @Brian and Jo Brian is an expert on tyres and has his own business in Oswestry so not far from your preferred locations.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I've used Continental Vanco Winter 2 for years, very pleased all round. And all year round!

Got latest set through Kwik Fit.

Norfolk Nomad

Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Feltwell
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2017
Another vote for Vanco, very quite, good wear and for low mileage drivers they should last 10 years before needing to be changed.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
One major plus point with Continental tyres is the support you get from the manufacturer. Just email them the weight on each axle and the size and type of tyre and they will provide you with recommended tyre pressures. We did that to stop the fillings in our teeth falling out using Fiat's "recommended" pressures.

OP
OP
Janiemou

Janiemou

Free Member
Jan 2, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
4 years
We have contacted p and b tyres in Oswestry and they have the Vanco and the Agilis tyres available. Our tyres are needing replaced at nearly 30000 miles in three years, is this average? Any pros and cons with either tyre?

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I would buy Continental camper tyres again. They are very good at recommending to you sensible tyre pressures based upon your actual axle weights. Gives much better ride than the harder pressures based upon maximum loadings given by Fiat.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back