Tyres... Quest for economy. quietness and good wear rate (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Uh-oh, someone went there. :LOL:

Looking at 115 (minimum) I'm always looking at the PLY and if there is any information around reinforced sidewalls. I cannot find what PLY the Davanti's are, I would assume 10PLY. Problem is currently I want new tyres, I don't need new tyres. I am just tyre kicking currently. Forewarned is forearmed.
Plies are not actual plys its a ply rating Even some truck tyres that are 14ply rating are only 1 ply of steel in sidewall . Reinforced sidewalls are a different matter . Most important is load index and speed rating . :)

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
I run Davanti on my Cayenne - low noise, great grip and cost effective…..will look at this make again when the Globecar needs new boots

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Have you tried "find a dealer" on the Davanti-tyres website?
https://www.davanti-tyres.com/dealers

They list three within 10 miles of me.
Nearest one listed is about 21 miles away, their website (Elite Tyres) shows no mention of Davanti Tyres in their listings, but all the usual brands.
I haven't bothered to contact them as yet, as I have seen better prices for the tyres they do quote for.
Thanks anyhow.(y)
LES

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Has anyone approached their local trusted tyre centre? They often have a list of brokers that supply them and all it takes is a phone call - I had to match an RV tyre and Lodge Tyres Peterborough made two phone calls and found them within 10 minutes even though it was a brand they had never heard of .. just an idea.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back